PHX

I ultimately gave up on PHX and changed to a different domicile. It was just too expensive for mediocre hotels.

Crown Plaza - $111 per night out the door
Pros:
- SkyTrain to 44th street station and walk across the street
- Right next to light rail and bus stop. Easy public transportation to Target, restaurants, Tempe bars etc
- Panera, Burger King across the street
- Cancellation as late as 6pm same day

Cons:
- Dank, dark, depressing
- Really poor hotel restaurant

Residence Inn: $95/ night out the door
Pros:
- Bonvoy points
- Free breakfast
- Kitchenette
- Bus stop next door

Cons:
- No shuttle (uses Lyft)
- Further from light rail
- No restaurant for lunch / dinner

Last edited:
Oof. Did you look at crashpads or air bnb? Really hoping I dont have to do the “sleep in a car” shenanigans

Oof. Did you look at crashpads or air bnb? Really hoping I dont have to do the “sleep in a car” shenanigans

Nah. Too old for crashpads. Also looked at short term rentals/corporate housing but it was too expensive. Checked Air Bnb but on reserve needed the flexibility to add a day or cancel late in the day. An understanding hotel was the best way to go.

While i feel too old for crashpads, im at least hoping that will fit my too poor budget haha. So if anyone has any good leads. Pls do shoot me a DM. Waiting to hear from my new sponsor, but for now im SOL

While i feel too old for crashpads, im at least hoping that will fit my too poor budget haha. So if anyone has any good leads. Pls do shoot me a DM. Waiting to hear from my new sponsor, but for now im SOL
Once you make it down there and if you haven't found anything, ask the crews. They might know of something, or have a room.

Back