Phoenix Discovery Flight

Kristie

Mama Bear....
Staff member
Hey guys/gals,

I'm looking for an instructor to take a friend of mine on a future Discovery flight. Girlfriend wants to get a gift certificate/flight as a christmas present for her hubby.

If you're interested, please PM me your name, flight school and an email I can give to my peeps for contact.

Thanks!
Kristie :)

Flight schools shouldn't sell DFs to people as a Christmas/Father's Day/birthday present. It's an introductory flight for those seriously considering flight instruction, or else it's a loss for the school.

I didn't have a problem with it at all. I made a lot of money (on a CFI-scale) and got a lot of flight time through introductory flights.

Some of my discovery flights were a jump around the patch, but most of them resulted in new students. I treated it as a marketing opportunity and inspirational so if I played my cards right, I have yet another student I had to tell, "Sorry bro, I'm stacked until two weeks from now but if there's an opening, I'll let you know".

Flight schools shouldn't sell DFs to people as a Christmas/Father's Day/birthday present. It's an introductory flight for those seriously considering flight instruction, or else it's a loss for the school.
ORLY?

The guy I know is interested in possibly getting his private pilot cert....but they're not prepared to sink in the cash yet and simply wants to provide him with an introductory flight to see if he's REALLY that interested in spending that kind of dough for a recreational use hobby.

Every discovery flight I ever gave only resulted in the rider discovering how much they really didn't want to ever fly again.

Never figured out why that was.......

:)

Only if they are dumb enough to sell them at massive discounts. Flight instruction isn't like selling paper towels, you dont use loss leaders to attract quality customers.

I think it's a great idea to let women buy discovery flights for their husbands as gifts. Now, when he spends ridiculous sums of money on flying his wife won't be able to nag him because she's the one who got him hooked in the first place!

Every discovery flight I ever gave only resulted in the rider discovering how much they really didn't want to ever fly again.

Never figured out why that was.......

:)
You probably rolled inverted, yanked out the power and told them to recover and set it down on a dry lake bed.

83216-help-wanted-blasting-received-3079473-buzz_killington_191x300_re_so_troll-s191x300-152037-jpg

So, I asked about getting a discovery flight and still haven't gotten anything back solution wise. Are you all saying you can't get gift certificates for flying?

What's the best way for her to go about introducing him to his christmas gift? Just show up and go with the first instructor that isn't busy? cuz I was looking to introduce my friend to an instructor from JC since I know we have a few in the Phoenix area.

BTW, I'm not an FAA inspector as has been suggested (Thanks a lot Scott...bonehead! :D)...for those of you who may be new, I'm Derg's better looking half :)

Where in the valley? I'd work off that info, then check into flight schools at each of the local airports, Glendale / Buckeye in the West Valley, Deer Valley in the North, Scottsdale / Falcon in the North East, Mesa in the East, Chandler down South...I'm not in the valley (...yet) so I don't have any contacts, but you should be able to check into Disco flights right on each schools website.

Groupon has one for $99 at Falcon Field. Saw it a few days ago on the website. Just checked and they still have it.

Yes, all you have to do is find a municipal airport relatively convenient to where the giftee lives, call a flight school and ask about the rate on a discovery flight.

I wouldn't necessarily call a large flight school, but probably one of the smaller ones where they may deal with more recreational-aspired pilots.

I'm sure the giftee doesn't want the full-blown "SO YOU WANNA FLY SWEET SWEET JETZ?!" and more of a casual, positive introduction to aviation.

Back