PHL Tower + TRACON tour

Skygrabber

I was wondering if any of you know what the number is for the local NATCA rep for PHL? I have searched through the NATCA Eastern Region website throroughly and have not been able to find a rep page with contact numbers.

I will be in the area soon and thought it would be an enlightening experience and also take along a fellow pilot.

I did call the tower already and left a message but I would feel a lot better talking to a real person so I can plan it.

Thanks for the help,
-Dan

I am not sure who you would contact but I toured PHL TRACON and tower a few years ago and it was definitely something worth doing. Very interesting to see the ATC side of things and nice people.

I was wondering if any of you know what the number is for the local NATCA rep for PHL? I have searched through the NATCA Eastern Region website throroughly and have not been able to find a rep page with contact numbers.

I will be in the area soon and thought it would be an enlightening experience and also take along a fellow pilot.

I did call the tower already and left a message but I would feel a lot better talking to a real person so I can plan it.

Thanks for the help,
-Dan

I did a tower & TRACON tour of PHX recently. I contacted the airport PR person who then gave me the number to the FAA contact person for the tower and the contact person for TRACON. That should be a good start.

I kinda know two controllers there and I asked them about getting tours, they told me it doesn't happen too much there. I guess it is about knowing the right people there.

Nick, how you doing out there?

only from what I have heard from a couple of people who live near the phl area, they do allow tours. actually they have gone more than once to phl. what i do to get tours of the local tower/tracon is email a person in the management position in the tower/tracon then he/she will tell you who to email or call. (though it does help to know somebody who works in the tower/tracon, but thats just my opinion from personal experience)

Skygrabber ... I finally had a chance to sit and go through this board... any luck getting the contact info you were looking for ??? If not I'll get it for you.

To Fox Xray and others,

Thanks for the replies and I finally got in touch with them and we did the tour!

It was a lot of fun to see the TRACON room and then go up in the tower. Had a great time, the folks were very friendly and accommodating, answering lots of good questions we had.

WX was deteriorating at the time, so it was good to get an explanation of the flow control procedures, etc.

-Dan

Back