PEPC red/green color vision

MikeJiuJitsu

OK guys, I've searched all over here to try and find out about this color defeciency thing. Apparently after taking the ishihara test online I was diagnosed with red/greendisablity even though on a normal basis I can easily tell the dif. between the two. I just took the atsat 7/14 scoring a 97.7. I know that the geo pref. will be coming up soon. My question is that when they see my red/greendef. during that ishihara test at PEPC what will happen? I mean what exactly will they do? Is there any pre-testing I can do? Detailed info would be much appreciated...

Faa states "Color Vision Standards — Applicants must have normal color vision. "

They test your vision with circular color diagrams, like the one below.
Maybe you should see an eye doctor? Get a diagnosis?
color-blindness-test-2.jpg

Faa states "Color Vision Standards — Applicants must have normal color vision. "

They test your vision with circular color diagrams, like the one below.
Maybe you should see an eye doctor? Get a diagnosis?
color-blindness-test-2.jpg
That is the ishihara...I didn't pass the red/green portion of it. Neither did one of my roomies..so I figured it wasn't too rare. Has anybody had this problem at the pepc?

At the NYC PEPC I did miss the last one I said 86 but it was 88 (or something like that), no worries though cause the doc still signed off on me

Back