PEPC Background Interview Statement

You're an idiot if you think that you should have lied. You did what you did, so be a man and face the consequences. If you learned from it, then kudos to you...but you still have to face the fact that you did it.

Wrong. I and many others on this board have never tried anything illicit. As I said earlier, chalk your "experimentation" up to youthful immaturity, but many of us were able to make a judgement (even in our own youthful immaturity) not to "experiment". Contrary to public opinion, not "everyone was doing it."

I am with you Sooner as one to have never tried anything either. But going into the military and getting an actual security clearance it almost would have been easier to have tried it once or twice. All the way from the recuiter, MEPS doctors, and several security investigators it was tougher to convience them that I have never tried anything since it was not the norm. It was almost as if their job would have been easier for me to say yes I have. Crazy:panic:

As for those of you that are worried about experimentation I had several pilot/aircrew member friends that were able to gain clearances above what you will be getting. For my TS the investigators interviewed friends or friends and neighbors of neighbors that I had listed, far past a letter in the mail. Don't worry (unless it was heavy use) and be honest.

Back