Passed my Initial!

Excellent!! Congrats man! How do you like it so far compared to the CJ3?
Haven’t actually made it TO the plane yet. Take delivery next week. But to answer your question: I DON’T!!! However, I love my JOB so I’ll deal with it.
The logic behind the “logic” isn’t logical. A LOT of poorly thought out designs.
The designers didn’t talk to a pilot before building this thing......

P.S. Garmin is ok but the Collins in the CJ3 is so much more user friendly for single pilot ops

Last edited:
Haven’t actually made it TO the plane yet. Take delivery next week. But to answer your question: I DON’T!!! However, I love my JOB so I’ll deal with it.
The logic behind the “logic” isn’t logical. A LOT of poorly thought out designs.
The designers didn’t talk to a pilot before building this thing......

P.S. Garmin is ok but the Collins in the CJ3 is so much more user friendly for single pilot ops
I have no time in CJ3 or 300E, but do have some in CJ2+ and 300, so for what it's worth..

Proline21 is simpler, but I think g3000 will grow on you. It does everything it's supposed to, gives you a ton more information, just need to get used to the menu format.
Unless it's been fixed, the only glitch I remember is not intercepting the approach after going direct to FAF in nav mode.
Systems - Brazilian is going to Brazilian, but overall no real issues in the few hundred hours I had on the thing. Notable exception- don't blast air full cold on takeoff out of a hot humid place, ices up the valves and we got "pressurisation fail" more than twice. I think they came up with a letter about that eventually.
At 320kias the thing is stiff in roll and very sensitive in pitch, more or less ok at pattern speeds, but not the joy CJs are. The landing gear will hide a sin of a landing.
Comfy in the back. Kinda tight upfront, the armrests were designed by aliens.
Good performance though, especially if you ignore the CRZ detend and put the thrust levers somewhere between there and max continuous like the good Lord intended.
20 mins to 450 fully loaded and then go direct.
Pretty good radar for what it is.

Anyway, congrats!

@BigZ I appreciate the insight! AND the heads up at the 320kt mark!!

I have plenty of hours in the CJ3+ so the avionics portion of initial was painful.....

Agree on the arm rests...alien or T-Rex suitable, otherwise........

Thank you, again!!

Unless it's been fixed, the only glitch I remember is not intercepting the approach after going direct to FAF in nav mode.

I still have no idea why in the actual hell the Garmin does this. "I've just taken you to the FAF of a published approach as you have asked, and your heading is within a very reasonable number of degrees of the final approach course. Clearly, your intent now is to continue on this heading in ROLL mode. Gotcha Fam."

Last edited:
Back