Part 91 and 135

rasec

Does anyone fly a part 91 airplane that is also on a 135 certificate?? If so, what I would like to know is if you get paid for the 135 flights if your on salary for the 91 trips. Thanks

Does anyone fly a part 91 airplane that is also on a 135 certificate?? If so, what I would like to know is if you get paid for the 135 flights if your on salary for the 91 trips. Thanks
My company operates leased back aircraft and I get paid regardless of whether its 91 or 135. When we fly the owner its always part 91 and he pays our company actual flight time, private charters pay per quote. It isn't uncommon for us to have a single trip be both part 91 and 135. One leg of the flight with PAX will be part 135 but if we drop them off and come home deadleg then its part 91.

Bottom line, the company is paid differently for the two but we as pilots are paid the same.

thanks for the reply. i was just wondering what the norm is becasue it just seems like if you are being paid by your boss for the 91 stuff, if you fly 135, which would be additional fly, you should get paid extra for those flights as well. just wanted to get some input, thanks

At my company the difference in how you're operating the flight (135 or 91) makes no difference at all. 91 flights sometimes may have a longer duty day attached to them as there is no limit for 91 duty periods, but the pay is the same regardless.

same here....nothing changes except some of the rules you are flying under in your companies op specs. You are essentially doing the same job so we get paid the same either way.

Back