Paris and French Riviera

E_Dawg

Sorry for my absence lately... Keeping busy between upgrading, moving, and traveling. The day after my type ride I jetted off to France and have been here since (5 days), although leaving tomorrow. Here are some shots of the French Riviera (Nice area) and Paris. Maybe more to come later.

pellion.jpg

pariscrowded.jpg

paris2.jpg

paris1.jpg

nkio.jpg

louvre1.jpg

louvre.jpg

eze.jpg

eiffel1.jpg

eiffel.jpg

eifeltower1.jpg

louvre2.jpg

Sweet photos.

If you're coming back thru CDG lemme know as I'm starting a six-day tomorrow. Discovered a great Lebanese bar with beaucoup Belgian beer and fantastic music right off the Seine.

Almost man! I'm headed JFK-CDG tomorrow afternoon though.

You need loads? Oh, btw, the terminal's finished now so no more remote ramp!

Have you departed CDG before? If not, I can give you "The Gouge"

Thanks Doug but got all the load info I need, looks fine.

Yeah, hit me with The Gouge! Actually, arrived in Orly from Nice so haven't even set foot in CDG yet.

All I know is Terminal 2C is Southerjets

Ok, arrive EARLY. There's a separate line for Non revs towards the far end of the counters that check in revenue passengers. I'm not sure how it works for OAL but we need paper passes as Southernjet's employees. Bring a pen! There's a form that you'll fill out with what flight you'd like to fly on, pass rider information, et al. It's easy.

Here's the trick. It's an easy city to get in and out of and if you're friendly, speak a little French or at least don't "scream loud 'mericun" at the ticket counter, you'll be golden.

Early is good.

I wouldn't, sadly, suggest anything less than 3 hours at the front country prior to departure unless you're with someone on the crew. I checked the crew list and I don't know any of the CVG girls (actually, quite a few dudes) and I only know one of pilots thru "urban legend" so that's not much help.

You'll do fine. You're travel-savvy so you won't have any of the problems that the "Y'all! Lets go somewhere for the weekend! I gots me some brand new passes from my new job ya'll" crowd has to deal with.

You've got my digits, if you have problems, call me.

Okay thanks Doug. Bed time for now but I'll set the alarm for a bit earlier. Three hours early huh, there goes my sleep tonight! Doh.

Appreciate the tips.

If you really took those photos, You are amazing! These have to be the best photo's I have ever seen of landmarks like that! Kinda looks like those photos that artist draw to show you what a certain object will look like in the future like " Freedom Tower"

Well, you might do ok with less, but CDG normally has a torrent of clueless non-revs meandering about that you've got to sift thru. Early is good. Early is your friend. Better to sit bored at the gate than get caught behind the power curve in CDG!

Eh, early and no sleep is no problem for me... not when I'm sitting in biz class on a 10hr flight catching up on my Zzz's :)

Yawd Boy thanks a lot! Yes I took them and just wanted to share.

Incredible Photos! They are so clear that they hardly look real! Definitely have yourself a backup career if flying goes bust :)

Thanks jordan

Doug you were right about showing up early. The train to the airport was busted (or something?) HUGGGE crowds in the subway system and added about an hour to getting here. Made it with an easy hour to spare but would not have made the flight otherwise. Now just have to get seats...

Oh yeah man, "CDG" must translate to "Murphy's Law International" in Swahili or something.

Well, the flight left with 35 seats open so I presume E-dawgs on his way!

OMGosh...the train broke down on you too? that sucks!! yea.. i'll be taking a cab to the airport anytime i have to "be" there from now on. haha

glad you made it on the flight.

Back