Pain killer

SlumTodd_Millionaire

Most Hated Member
Hey, Doc. Any idea how long I need to wait to return to work after using Percocet? Is there a 24 or 48 hour minimum wait from the last dosage? Thanks in advance for the help.

Your problems are twofold.

First, the Percocet is disqualifying and you need to be off it for at least 48 hours.

Second, why are you taking Percocet? The reason for treatment is also frequently disqualifying. If you have pain severe enough to require Percocet, you are incapacitated from flying!!

Thanks. I figured there would need to be a wait.

I'm on the Percocet because I got a pretty severe ear infection. The doctor called it Otitis Media-Bullous Myringitis. The pain was intense. He gave me Percocet, an antibiotic, and numbing ear drops. I still can't hear at all out of my left ear, so I figure it will be at least a few more days before I'll be able to go to work anyway, but I wanted to make sure how long I would have to wait after taking the last Percocet before I would be legal. Thanks for the info.

Ear aches are the WORST!! :(

Oh yeah. I've been getting them since I was a little kid, but this one was really something else. The pain was so bad that I was worried I was going to pass out. I've broken bones, torn ligaments, etc..., but nothing has been as bad as this. And of course, it was early morning on Christmas eve when it happened, so I had to wait 5 hours in the ER before a Doctor could get to me because they were so understaffed. :(

Doctor, one more question: any idea when my hearing should start to return? I've been taking the antibiotics for a few days now, and I still can't hear a damned thing out of my left ear. I'm starting to get a bit concerned.

PCL,
I hope you feel better soon.

Ive been there before 3 weeks off work with: antiboitics, ibuprofen horse pills and vicodin.

Three weeks?! Dang, that's a lot of time off work. I've got a doctor's appointment scheduled this afternoon since it's been about a week since the ER visit, but I still can't hear a damned thing out of my left ear. At least the pain is pretty much gone.

Wow. Turns out it was really screwed up. I had an appointment with my normal doctor this afternoon to make sure the ER doctor's treatment was working, and his response upon looking at my left ear: "ouch, that's gotta hurt!" :) He wasn't too happy with the drugs the ER doctor prescribed me, and said that they were the reason it hasn't healed by now. Apparently the swelling still hasn't gone down a bit. He put me on some sort of really strong antibiotic pill (avelox), an antibiotic ear drop, and an anti-inflammatory. Looks like I'm out of commission for a little while longer.

Back