For Sale PA-23, $15,500 obo. Cutting losses and wanting to move on

Have you got any quotes from the junkyards? I never went that far but I thought about it. Your plane is worth more parted out but finding someone to take it at a fair price might be impossible. Sorry it came to this. I know the feeling.

I'm assuming the annual inspection didn't go so well?
The rear tail gusset is cracked so it will take $1,500 (10hrs labour + parts) and the brake pads/linings were below minimums ($500ish). I don't want to deal with that, so I'm doing an as-is where-is. The engines are still fine which is why I'm able to get some salvage shops' attention.

For someone wanting to build hours, if they got her airworthy for a year, flew 100 hours at $65/hr in gas, then scrapped her for $10k for a fast sale, this would be twin building time at $145/hr.

The rear tail gusset is cracked so it will take $1,500 (10hrs labour + parts) and the brake pads/linings were below minimums ($500ish). I don't want to deal with that, so I'm doing an as-is where-is. The engines are still fine which is why I'm able to get some salvage shops' attention.

For someone wanting to build hours, if they got her airworthy for a year, flew 100 hours at $65/hr in gas, then scrapped her for $10k for a fast sale, this would be twin building time at $145/hr.
$500 for brake linings?!?!

For those who've ever wondered about the "nice guys finish last" thing, my honesty and openness is really hampering the sale of this bird. ^_^

That sucks about the extra repairs at annual, sorry man.

The hardest thing about owning a multi is keeping up with the bills.
The second hardest thing about owning a multi is finding someone else to buy it when you're done.

Some of you have seen my blog about the real cost of aircraft ownership; I'm currently looking to move on. So she's down to $15,500.

All the details are copy/pasted from the other thread:

http://imgur.com/a/DRNpZ
Any traction on selling her?

I really shouldn't be ... I'm in the red from finishing up my comm SE and CFI ... but I'm very tempted to inquire further.

-Fox

The plane is now in Newark Delaware and needs a prop inspection. Now that Thomas no longer owns the plane I would like him to contact me and give the status of the plane as he last owned it. I had a '56 Apache, N1281P, which I bought for 35K but in 5K and sold to CaptainApache for $24K. It had 50 hr engines and the no-AD props but the A&P I had used for the inspection would not get involved in getting the plane in the air once I had bought the plane I just lost a C150 when loosing an engine on final so now I back to reconsidering a twin. Tom can you email ne at fobermueller@promia.com or respond to this column

Back