Overweight...

I don't know his methodology, but maybe had some adults count as children, not sure. The weight and balance form is also shown briefly in the

But here's my problem with the rat FO. He was there too. He knew what their weight was with the jumpseater, he knew they couldn't be legal. So what was his excuse for accepting the situation and taking off? He claims he didn't know the form was altered til after landing. Uh huh.

From one Colgan guy I know, it seemed this FO was about to be fired (and lets be honest, he comes off as a d**k in the PBS video), and he decided to wouldn't go down alone. This was hardly an example of a Colgan pilot screaming "safety!" It was more so scorned and going down, may as well take others with him kinda situation. Lets be honest, as a crew, you both fark up. It's both that go down. I find it incredible that (even without a union) that the FO couldn't find some other recourse to fix this problem. Some in-house method, surely Colgan must have had like an equivalent of pro-Standards. Did they have ASAP/ERC back then? That would be another avenue.

I don't see why you'd just write straight up to the FAA that you are telling the truth "under penalty of perjury" ESPECIALLY in this case when it is definitely sole-source event. No one knew the truth of that flight except the pilots. Not ATC, etc.

It was a long time ago- so I'm a bit hazy on the details, but, I remember hearing that this whole thing was b.s and not at all how the guy in the video portrayed it. I'm sure somebody else may chime in.

Back