OTS Personality questions

Raydon

Just curious in hindsight to my recent applications.. I was wondering what was "right" for these questions..

Manage your Workload
Prestige
Admired by people close to you
Pay
Benefits
Working for the federal gov't

I'm sure all you OTS know what i'm talking about.. I put "Limited extent" for most of them except for "working for the federal gov't", "Benefits" and others that are kind of "How badly do you want to just work in ATC" questions.. which i put an answer of "moderate" to "Considerable"

I tried to avoid the extremes to not come off as manic. but.. i REALLLLLLY want the job. ha ha. does it even matter what you put on there?:panic:

Just curious in hindsight to my recent applications.. I was wondering what was "right" for these questions..

Manage your Workload
Prestige
Pay
Benefits

I'm sure all you OTS know what i'm talking about.. I put "Limited extent" for most of them except for "working for the federal gov't", "Benefits" and others that are kind of "How badly do you want to just work in ATC" questions.. which i put an answer of "moderate" to "Considerable"

I tried to avoid the extremes to not come off as manic. but.. i REALLLLLLY want the job. ha ha. does it even matter what you put on there?:panic:

Really all they care about is that your not applying for the job because of the "great" benefits or the pay. Let me add they want to make sure you can mange a heavy work load.

i can talk and chew gum at the same time, but only if im standing still. do you think ill be ok at a lvl 12?

Manage your Workload
Prestige
Pay
Benefits

I'm just guessing, but I would imagine they want positive answers to these topics. If you THINK the job is prestigious, then it effectively becomes prestigious for you. A lot of what you believe is self-fulfilling.

If you believe the FAA will be a good employer, then it likely WILL become a good employer for you. Sure, there are problems right now, but overall I think my future career at the FAA will pay well and be satisfying.

Be honest, but also look at the optimistic side of your beliefs when you answer these questions. The FAA would prefer someone who is excited to take this career than someone who thinks it's just 'another job'.

Back