Osan Aero Club

pilotnate23

I saw a few people post about the Osan Aero Club and was looking for feedback on planes, instructors, ops, etc. I'm looking to do a little flying while I'm over here.

Thanks!
- Nate

fiveninerzero

I saw a few people post about the Osan Aero Club and was looking for feedback on planes, instructors, ops, etc. I'm looking to do a little flying while I'm over here.

Thanks!
- Nate
They have 10 or so C172s, well maintained, VFR only. Instructors pretty much turnover whenever somebody PCSes. Current policy is they will force you to take the 8 week in-house ground school which is about 400 bucks, but paid by tuition assistance and gets you the nice Jeppesen 141 kit.

Go down there sooner than later to get a spot, it's pretty packed out here, if you have a private already then you are golden. Instructors are the limfac!

F6Hawk

They now have 4 172P models, and 2 older ones (not sure the letter designators).

Wet rate is $88 dual, $74 solo. Checkout consists of about five written tests. Open book. Not too difficult, and a checkride.

Renters insurance is not valid overseas, club carries all that is necessary.

I believe they have monthly dues, but not sure the amount (asking now).

I THINK (don't quote me) the ground school is only for non-PPL holders.

HTH, anything else, feel free to ask!

pilotnate23

Already have my certificates, just looking to do some flying. Problem is I'm at Kunsan so I have to take the bus up...thanks for the info!

F6Hawk

Any time! The dues are $22 per month, so unless you fly a few times per month, that cost per hour really goes up!

ozziecat35

4 out of 5 great lakes prefer Michigan.
I got about 20 hrs towards my PPL back in 2005 / 2006 while I was at Camp Humphries...good memories!!!

My favorite bird was 94ER, 1983 N or M model I think...solo'd in her. Getting time was always difficult, usually have to scedule 2 to 3 weeks out, and half the time would be grounded due to "the Korean haze"

Actually, I'll do you one better....standby for pics!

me post solo

shirt tail in the aero club "shack"

Last day in Korea

Long final Rwy 27 at Osan, you can't see them, but 2 F16's just left the pattern heading out to the sea...one of the cool things about flying at the aero club was the other traffic, A-10's, Vipers, the U-2, C-17's...even saw AF1 once!