Osan Aero Club

pilotnate23

I saw a few people post about the Osan Aero Club and was looking for feedback on planes, instructors, ops, etc. I'm looking to do a little flying while I'm over here.

Thanks!
- Nate

I saw a few people post about the Osan Aero Club and was looking for feedback on planes, instructors, ops, etc. I'm looking to do a little flying while I'm over here.

Thanks!
- Nate

They have 10 or so C172s, well maintained, VFR only. Instructors pretty much turnover whenever somebody PCSes. Current policy is they will force you to take the 8 week in-house ground school which is about 400 bucks, but paid by tuition assistance and gets you the nice Jeppesen 141 kit.

Go down there sooner than later to get a spot, it's pretty packed out here, if you have a private already then you are golden. Instructors are the limfac!

They now have 4 172P models, and 2 older ones (not sure the letter designators).

Wet rate is $88 dual, $74 solo. Checkout consists of about five written tests. Open book. Not too difficult, and a checkride.

Renters insurance is not valid overseas, club carries all that is necessary.

I believe they have monthly dues, but not sure the amount (asking now).

I THINK (don't quote me) the ground school is only for non-PPL holders.

HTH, anything else, feel free to ask!

Already have my certificates, just looking to do some flying. Problem is I'm at Kunsan so I have to take the bus up...thanks for the info!

Any time! The dues are $22 per month, so unless you fly a few times per month, that cost per hour really goes up!

I got about 20 hrs towards my PPL back in 2005 / 2006 while I was at Camp Humphries...good memories!!!

My favorite bird was 94ER, 1983 N or M model I think...solo'd in her. Getting time was always difficult, usually have to scedule 2 to 3 weeks out, and half the time would be grounded due to "the Korean haze"

Actually, I'll do you one better....standby for pics!

mybird.jpg

94ERscockpit.jpg

me post solo
__5_0087.jpg

shirt tail in the aero club "shack"
__3_0085-1.jpg

Last day in Korea
e2a64a69.jpg

Long final Rwy 27 at Osan, you can't see them, but 2 F16's just left the pattern heading out to the sea...one of the cool things about flying at the aero club was the other traffic, A-10's, Vipers, the U-2, C-17's...even saw AF1 once!

492722971_l.jpg

Back