Opportunities in America for Foreign FAA Flight Dispatcher License Holder?

Tom1999

Hi,
It has been almost 8 months since I earned my FAA Flight Dispatcher License at IFOD and got solid job offers and a very cool job at Vistajet, which I kept for 5 months before dropping it because...well Vistajet is great, and I have never had good fun at work before this one job in the OCC, but Malta is not a place for me, that island is basically a rough neighborhood in the middle of the sea (I underestimated the importance of the location and overestimated the benefits of the job itself).

I am receiving some good opportunities already in EU, but I was evaluating a job in a US airline after a US friend of mine told me that there are some openings on that side, especially from US cargo operators with bases/strategic airports in the EU, like UPS and FEDEX.

This comes as a curiosity, I have found some jobs based in the EU (in logistics, not exactly in operations) from US Carriers with US AOC.

I am doing my extensive research, but also would like suggestions from you: is it possible to land a job as Flight Dispatcher in USA for me, EU citizen holder of a FAA ADX License? Or mission planner/crew planner/Flight Ops in general? Is there a good soul that accepts to sponsor for a Visa?

Sorry if I sound dumb as hell for even asking.

Do you have a work visa for the US? If not, unfortunately the opportunities are low as most companies aren't allowed to sponsor for a dispatch position.

Visa sponsoring does happen but its very rare and mostly done by regional airlines when they are really short staffed. My best advice is to network as much as you can, dont be picky on location, hope for a staffing shortage that causes an airline to be willing to sponsor.

I've never heard of a 121 sponsoring a visa. For FedEx, all flight ops are dispatched from Memphis. However, we do have a ops control center in Paris, staffed by those with EU citizenship, managing the operation in Europe. but they are not dispatching.

Can IFOD help you? You may not get to a 121 carrier right away but if you can get your work visa via another company - after a while you might be able to start the process of getting a green card.

This is what I am trying to do, contacting and inquiring as much as possible for positions in places that make sense. I am not one of those guys who live with the myth of "the American Dream", I know the reality. I just would like to have (to unlock) the possibility of living long-term in another continent. I've lived 2 months in TX and it was sooooo different from EU...not better or worse, just very different. And I am a curious globetrotter by nature, I wouldn't mind live in such a beautiful and diverse and different country, like the US.

Back