Opinions Please

Just looking at their website it says 100 hours of Alaskan time. Not sure how I would get that Alaskan time since I'm in Ohio haha:banghead:

Just looking at their website it says 100 hours of Alaskan time. Not sure how I would get that Alaskan time since I'm in Ohio haha:banghead:

The mins on their website are bunk. They hire at wet ink with no alaska time if they need crews, and they usually do.

I second Captain Bob thanks for the great information I would keep that in mind. I would love to come to Alaska and fly. Yet again I bet many pilots have said that to get there and leave as soon as they could haha. Time will only tell.

I second Captain Bob thanks for the great information I would keep that in mind. I would love to come to Alaska and fly. Yet again I bet many pilots have said that to get there and leave as soon as they could haha. Time will only tell.

Yeah, I get about 2 pms a week about alaska jobs, but ACE is the place, I enjoyed my time there after I grew up a little.

Ppragman, did you say you were only 20? Wow, young start to your career. If I could do it all over again I would have skipped university and just gone into flight training instead and do what you do.

Ppragman, did you say you were only 20? Wow, young start to your career. If I could do it all over again I would have skipped university and just gone into flight training instead and do what you do.

I'm 20, but, you ended up shafted out of a lot of good jobs because of the requirements for ATP (which are only like this in the US). I'm going back to college and flying VFR part 135 to the bush because of it. If I'd have been at Ace right now, and eligible for upgrade, I'd have been a captain for about 4 months, and would have over 500MTPIC, and more money than I know what to do with. Honestly, you're better off with the degree, and the less flight time at age 23 than you are with more flight time and no degree. Luckily, at my job, I'll be able to build both.

-pat

Back