Opinions on Atlas as long term career move?

BobaGotBack

With Atlas's new contract being pretty nice (even with a 15 year top out), what are your thoughts on this being a place to retire? I currently reside in SW Ohio so the commute would be really nice for me. I was considering United for a long time, which I know is ultimately one of the best places for a dispatcher to get to but this honestly seems like a decent alternative... not having to sell my house and relocate is honestly kind of sick.

Can someone who has some experience with them chime in? Do you get any sort of flight benefits? I know they are cargo but I have heard (not sure if this is legit) that they do passenger flights as well. I am currently still at my first dispatch job and I want the next place I land to be the last one ideally.

Thanks ya'll.

I dont have any experience there, but it all depends on if you want to be local or explore and see new states to call home. Personally I think Atlas looks great with their brand new HQ facility, solid new scale and astounding fleet of 747's. Yes they do have pax ops, but only via chartering. It is mainly cargo. You'll see the world and more with Atlas while avoiding nuisance scheduled passenger situations and taking home a good size check. Only thing you wont have is direct flight benefits with a major like you would at UAL or DL, but with Atlas's many destinations you could probably jumpseat anywhere and im sure they have CASS. Heard here getting on Atlas as a dx is tough but if you really want it, keep at it. Best advice I can give. Not having to sell a house that you've grown comfortable in lifestyle-wise is always a huge plus. Ultimately it'll come down to whether or not you have the patience to wait for openings. This is a field that will definitely test patience. If you have it, you'll be good.

Last edited:
With Atlas's new contract being pretty nice (even with a 15 year top out), what are your thoughts on this being a place to retire? I currently reside in SW Ohio so the commute would be really nice for me. I was considering United for a long time, which I know is ultimately one of the best places for a dispatcher to get to but this honestly seems like a decent alternative... not having to sell my house and relocate is honestly kind of sick.

Can someone who has some experience with them chime in? Do you get any sort of flight benefits? I know they are cargo but I have heard (not sure if this is legit) that they do passenger flights as well. I am currently still at my first dispatch job and I want the next place I land to be the last one ideally.

Thanks ya'll.
We are primarily cargo but also have a fleet of 10 pax aircraft. We are in CASS and have Zed agreements with several major airlines. With the new contract this can be the final landing spot, especially for locals. Oh, and they just posted for 6 brand new lines due to growth.

Last edited:
Back