Only good part of NASCAR is....

robair73

Re: Non-Athletic-Sport-Centered-Around-Rednecks

I saw those warthogs from Willow Grove flyover at Atlanta and felt some personal satisfaction because I see them fly over my house every day and always look up in amasement. I live near the Willow Grove base. They're slow as hell but cool to look at. I'm a closet NASCAR fan too. NASCAR isn't well recieved in the Philly area. I only got into it about a year ago because I got the video game for Xbox, lame as that seems. Wow, I just read through my post and saw an insight to what a nerd I am. Oh well, I'm a closet redneck nerd.
I wish there was a gremlin with a few teeth missing.
This one looks like he forgot to put his dentures in.

turbojet28

I realize this is just nice conversation about NASCAR, but i still would like to defend my favorite SPORT. For everyone who says "how hard can it be to just follow the guy in front of you?" is just like when the "beginners" here ask you "how hard can it possibly be to fly a fully loaded 767 to land if the pilots got sick, I do it all the time on FS2002" and you guys rip them to shreds for saying that kind of stuff. Just like evrything, we dont know what they go through until we've done it ourselves. Just a thought.

Eagle

[ QUOTE ]
..."how hard can it possibly be to fly a fully loaded 767 to land if the pilots got sick, I do it all the time on FS2002" and you guys rip them to shreds for saying that kind of stuff. ..

[/ QUOTE ]

The difference is, the NASCAR part (much like the.. ahem, sport)is a joke, the folks on the FS side of the house believe it to be true.

blee256

Let me fill you in on something guys. Dont think passing cars in NASCAR is as easy as passing someone on the freeway. Nascar drivers veiw is limited. Have you seen the safety restraints they have to wear? The HANS device and all the rest. The truth is they really cant move their heads. They rely on a spotter. Could YOU trust a guy with a pair of binoculars standing far away to tell you, "you have just enough space to go around him on top". while you are traveling at about 180mph, on a turn and in the midst of about 20 cars that are spaced less than 1 car length apart?

-Brian

StevenL

Seriously, the best thing about NASCAR is the equipment they use to get to their races. I was at ELM last year during the Watkins Glen race, the place was full of business jets.

ready2fly

OH - and I forgot - try not to wreck! If you do, you'll get elevated to Diety status at every flea market in America.

zombie5225

Re: Non-Athletic-Sport-Centered-Around-Rednecks

Hey Robair. Did you hear about the Cessna that did a emergency landing at Willow Grove about 3 weeks ago??

FLYMcDoofer

What sport or for some of you "activity" has as cool a history as NASCAR?!?!? While I love baseball and all I think NASCAR has a better one. It all started with the good ol' boys runnin moonshine in NC! Can't beat that.

foztofly

Non-athletic? Hummm, why aren't there any fat drivers then?
Also, I don't know about you, but after an hour or so of non-stop driving I get restless, start moving around in my seat, and quite often my a$$ will fall asleep.
Ricky Rudd won a race a few years ago, when many of the drivers dropped out of the race due to heat exhaustion. Ricky's crew poured water down his back to help him cool off, but instead it was so hot out that the water burned him, causing him to spend days in the hospital after sticking it out to win the race. For those of you that don't think it is hard to race a car, take yours to the local track the next time Tracktime or Porsche Club of America is there and drive with an instructor (yes, it can pretty much be any kind of car - Jetta's, GTI's and Dodge Onmi's and Neon's are usually plentiful at these events).

Eagle

[ QUOTE ]
Non-athletic?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep that sums it up. explain please, the Athletic Ability in

Not getting restless
not having your ass fall asleep
having a pit crew pour water that burns you
and being willing to "stick it out" longer than the others on a hot day.

I mean come the F on. how do you train for that?

Having a staring contest to see who blinks first?
Sit in the Lay-Z-Boy 24 hours a day?
Work with idiots?
stand out in the sun at noon?

Good racing? sure athletic? no way.

Oh, the reason there are no fat drivers is the less the driver weighs the faster the car goes.

FLYMcDoofer

Tell Tony Stewart he is non-athletic and see if you don't end up in a hospital. I would even venture to say the NASCAR guys are in far better shape than a good 75% or more of us flyboys on this site!

foztofly

Not only "us flyboys", but how about Mo Vaughn, Kirby Puckett, or the whole defensive AND offensive lines in the NFL?? Maybe even throw in a Shaq... lol

foztofly

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, the reason there are no fat drivers is the less the driver weighs the faster the car goes.

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe that is why Michael Waltrip at 6'6" (approx) has won the Daytona 500 instead of all the other racers that weigh a lot less.

pure_IMC

I dont doubt that good number of nascar drivers are in better shape than pilots, but I never claim to be an athlete because I fly planes. Lets face it, Nascar is good for only one thing......The crashes.

ready2fly

What does being 6' 6" have to do with how much you weigh?

Here's the answer = NOTHING!

Dude could be 6' 6" and weigh 170 (I know Waltrip is not, but it was rather poor parallel).

Now - as for fat offensive/defensive linemen - don't confuse being fat with being a non-athlete. Having played a little (very little) college ball, I can attest to the athletic prowess of linemen. They are just BIG athletes.

And SCREW Tony Stewart. He's a punk. Try walking up to Warren Sapp and tell him he's a fat non-athlete.

Bottom line - you are wrong.

ready2fly

Nope - it's flat.

Kidding, McDoof - don't bail.

I'm just havin' a little fun with the topic. That's the problem with the internet - no tone. Sarcasm is hard to identify some times.

foztofly

[ QUOTE ]
What does being 6' 6" have to do with how much you weigh?

Here's the answer = NOTHING!

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious???