OKC washout

Any idea on when they are going to change it? I'm just curious if my January 13th class will be graded or not...

My point was that I pv'd a year and a half ago and they still havn't implemented the change. In other words, I'd not be terribly concerned they do it any time soon.

I just took my non-radar PV's a few weeks ago. There are two non-radar PV's. The first one is the non-radar PV scenario (with the flight strips). It is not pass/fail. The second PV is the written non-radar PV. This one IS pass/fail. If you fail the non-radar written PV and the non-radar written PV retake, you wash out. Hope this clears up any confusion.

I just took my non-radar PV's a few weeks ago. There are two non-radar PV's. The first one is the non-radar PV scenario (with the flight strips). It is not pass/fail. The second PV is the written non-radar PV. This one IS pass/fail. If you fail the non-radar written PV and the non-radar written PV retake, you wash out. Hope this clears up any confusion.

Thanks, that helps alot. How hard was the non-radar written test? Was it self explanatory? Meaning just basic non-radar stuff like the 44 Knot rule, 22 Knot rule, degree divergence, aircraft with out DME (slant T,U, or X), phraseology, etc?

Thanks, that helps alot. How hard was the non-radar written test? Was it self explanatory? Meaning just basic non-radar stuff like the 44 Knot rule, 22 Knot rule, degree divergence, aircraft with out DME (slant T,U, or X), phraseology, etc?

Yeah, I don't know if you went/are gonna go through basics or not, but it's pretty much just like that (or any) final test. It takes a little bit of material out of each chapter, so it's best to just skim through all of the lesson material and ELT's and you should be fine. Some people use notecards for important parts/bullets in each lesson.

Yeah, I don't know if you went/are gonna go through basics or not, but it's pretty much just like that (or any) final test. It takes a little bit of material out of each chapter, so it's best to just skim through all of the lesson material and ELT's and you should be fine. Some people use notecards for important parts/bullets in each lesson.

Thanks, that doesn't sound too bad.

Back