OKC Training and private cars?

bloomer

Do many people bring their own cars with them to OKC for training? I don't like the idea of spending 3 months somewhere with no car. It seems like it would be a good idea to take a break every once in a while and get out of the apartment.

Besides this forum are there any other ways to find roommates?

I saw on a few of the apartment descriptions they offer either free car or deeply discounted rentals. Don't remember which ones though.

Thanks, I saw that too. I will have to look into that option a little further.

By the way is there anything behind your username "Boomer" such as a job in the Air Force?

I guessed that too with the whole Sooner word also. I was just wondering because I was a prior KC-135 Boomer.

Do many people bring their own cars with them to OKC for training? I don't like the idea of spending 3 months somewhere with no car. It seems like it would be a good idea to take a break every once in a while and get out of the apartment.

Besides this forum are there any other ways to find roommates?

You can pimp for roomates at stuckmic.com too. A lot of people post stuff on there looking for classmates.

HD

Maybe he has a keen ability to hear sonic booms earlier than others. :laff:

Thanks for the recommendation HiDef, I will check it out.

Thanks, I saw that too. I will have to look into that option a little further.

By the way is there anything behind your username "Boomer" such as a job in the Air Force?

Or "Boomer" could be Navy. Trident Ballistic Missile Submarine--Also called a "Boomer"

I guessed that too with the whole Sooner word also. I was just wondering because I was a prior KC-135 Boomer.

I see you are in Spokane... are/were you stationed at Fairchild? I was a DCC up there for several year before I got sent to Germany.......

My brother is stationed at Fairchild AFB. He's a 135 hydro mechanic. Wouldn't mind working GEG myself. Just thought I'd jump in here and share.

What's a DCC? Also where in Germany? I was at Spang for 2 years.

A Dedicated Crew Chief, or Otherwise known as a Flying Crew Chief. I was in Geilenkirchen NATO AB for 3 years working on the AWACS.... that was an experience let me tell you.... lets just say, I have no Doubt why our military is the most powerful in the world....

What years were you in Spang For? I knew a few of the Crew Chiefs and weapons guys down there.... went to school with a few of them.

I was stationed here at FAFB as an AD Boom Operator from 2001-2004. I got out and now work as a civilian in our Wing's Current Operations shop planning local sorties and training.

I was a Jet Engine mech., FB-111 and KC-135's in Plattsburgh, NY isn the early 80's. I was slated to go the Castle AFB for Boomer school in the '85. AF Flight Surgeon found a "blip" in my heartbeat every 7th beat.??? Went to Mass. General, had EKG, and they found nothing. Still couldn't get the AF to let me do it. REALLY wanted to be a boom operator. But then I couldn't be here talking to you.:crazy:
FB-111%20Crew.jpg

Back