OKC enroute non-radar questions

darli328

I've been told that you can't fail out of OKC for non-radar, meaning it's currently pass/pass as a lot of my friends have mentioned. I've also heard from a few people that they're going to change it so that it will be pass/fail. Is there any truth to this? If so, when are they supposed to be changing it?

No, they've been saying that since I graduated OKC in June of 07. Rumors. They need too many bodies right now and that would just eliminate alot of people.

No, they've been saying that since I graduated OKC in June of 07. Rumors. They need too many bodies right now and that would just eliminate alot of people.

Thanks for the heads up. I actually had my first day today and looking over my schedule it doesn't have a non-radar PV but there is a written test. Which should be straight forward compared to a PV. You're right about one thing, it would eliminate alot of people...

Thanks for the heads up. I actually had my first day today and looking over my schedule it doesn't have a non-radar PV but there is a written test. Which should be straight forward compared to a PV. You're right about one thing, it would eliminate alot of people...

You're right... there is a written PV in which you must get a 70 to pass. If you fail you get 1 retake. You fail that you go home. Don't sweat it though. Just study the end of lesson test & you will be fine. The written PV is a combination of first 2 block tests. The block tests are cake because not only are they pulled from the end of lesson tests, the instructors go though each question & answer practically word for word as a "review" right before the test.

The only thing you need to do in non-radar is learn the Aero Center map. That, unfortunately, IS pass/fail. Granted, it is not specifically for radar or non-radar, but you need to pass it to continue on. They give you about a week and a half to learn it and get a 90% on it. Wasn't too hard as long as you have good study habits. I have heard of someone not passing it after 2 trys and getting let go. Just a heads up that you do have to do SOMETHING during non-radar...

Back