Available: OKC-Aero-Fitness Health Center

Is there alot of eye candy? :)

Heres your eye candy...

woman_man.jpg

you mean veins like this?

hehe, your killing me.

Looking at the Eq list they have smith machine(s) so I would think they at least have plates. Hopefully they have free weights (with no restriction) cause they are way better than universal machines

I would also like to know if they have free weights etc... I may have to torrent something like p90x for my stay if I can't find a reasonably priced/equipped gym.

I swam in high school for four years....best time was 24.32 in the 50m freestyle....I was alright I suppose.

100m Breaststroke was probably my favorite one to swim in meets.

then...the 200IM...that was a fun one.

I hope there's a YMCA with a pool nearby.

The downside of being a swimmer is you need a pool.
Not sure about the YMCA (que the Village People), but there is an aquatic center with an indoor pool at the Oklahoma City Community College about a mile East of the airport.

I'm currently a member. Yes they have free weights. The busiest times are from 3:30-5:00. Even then it's not too busy that you can't get a work out in. There could be a wait for a cardio machine. Any other questions, please ask.

Hm maybe I'll do that community college thing, George.

I'm debating signing up for the YMCA now. It's $100 per year and then $24 per month on top if it. I'd be angry if I pay that and then they don't let me switch to an OKC YMCA.

Gnome - I swam in high school too, mostly in the IM relays. I'm just getting back into it now, but for fitness not racing.

I've been running 3 miles every other day, but my knee hurts so I think I'll try swimming again. Or if I do the YMCA, I could work out every day of the week...swim one day and then elliptical on the next. That might be easier on the knee.

I see these on the website. Anyone know if they're OK? I can only find the zip code of the FAA Academy and not its address so I don't know which are close.

Edward L. Gaylord Downtown YMCA

1 NW 4th St
Oklahoma City, OK 73102
Telephone: 405-297-7700

North Side YMCA

10000 N Pennsylvania Ave
Oklahoma City, OK 73120
Telephone: 405-751-6363

YMCA of Greater Oklahoma City

500 N Broadway Ste 500
Oklahoma City, OK 73102
Telephone: 405-297-7710

Earlywine Park YMCA

11801 S. May Avenue
Oklahoma City, OK 73170
Telephone: 405-378-0420

Hm maybe I'll do that community college thing, George.

I'm debating signing up for the YMCA now. It's $100 per year and then $24 per month on top if it. I'd be angry if I pay that and then they don't let me switch to an OKC YMCA.

Wow that's cheap. I pay $65 a month for my YMCA membership (crazy huh?)

I see these on the website. Anyone know if they're OK? I can only find the zip code of the FAA Academy and not its address so I don't know which are close.

Edward L. Gaylord Downtown YMCA

1 NW 4th St
Oklahoma City, OK 73102
Telephone: 405-297-7700

North Side YMCA

10000 N Pennsylvania Ave
Oklahoma City, OK 73120
Telephone: 405-751-6363

YMCA of Greater Oklahoma City

500 N Broadway Ste 500
Oklahoma City, OK 73102
Telephone: 405-297-7710

Earlywine Park YMCA

11801 S. May Avenue
Oklahoma City, OK 73170
Telephone: 405-378-0420

Earlywine would be the closest, it's not too far.

For mapping purposes just use Will Roger's Airport as your point of reference. That's where Mike Monraunie (or however it's spelled) is.

I would be careful about going to any YMCA near the Academy....It is not a great area.

The Earlywine Y is in a very nice area ($300k+ homes). My fiance is a member there. It's also a nice complex with an outdoor water park, very nice tennis center, and outdoor running track around the grounds. It's probably the closest Y to the academy but the opposite direction from the FAA housing.

It would be convenient for those living in the Moore area (The Fairways and The Greens).

Back