OJT override

GroundPilot

Morning guys. What are the overrides you are getting for training? B6 right now is 100 per pay period while conducting OJT. Word is that we can negotiate it this coming summer for our compensation review. Any info would be great and would help increase our rates. Thanks.

OJT trainers get 2hrs at FDX. Can cash it in or save up 5 days worth (10hrs total) to get a day off later. Cash in depends upon ones current base rate

SWA dispatch trainers get a 7% override year-round and can be scheduled to train up to 7 days per month. You can still trade shifts at will and the scheduling department will reassign your trainee if you trade off a training shift.

You have to apply and pass an interview to become a trainer.

2hrs base pay per OJT shift?
Yes(ish). I worked Mon-Thurs this week. If I had a trainee, I would have earned 8hrs total. I could turn that 8hrs for 1.5x base pay “overtime” payout or train for 1 more day to earn 10 hours and use those 10hrs to take a day off later. PM me to discuss further if needed

SWA dispatch trainers get a 7% override year-round and can be scheduled to train up to 7 days per month. You can still trade shifts at will and the scheduling department will reassign your trainee if you trade off a training shift.

Do many sign up to become a trainer at SWA? We don’t have that process. It’s just a 1yr probation period before one can start doing OJT.

This is how it should be at every airline. No shortage of people to sign up for a 7% override.

Do many sign up to become a trainer at SWA? We don’t have that process. It’s just a 1yr probation period before one can start doing OJT.

It varies. You have to be upgraded for at least 2 years before you can apply. Some cycles it's extremely competitive and some not so much. In the case of the latter they often just don't fill the amount of slots they were looking for. They TRY to guard the quality of our trainer pool as opposed to just filling with bodies.

Any other airlines can give their numbers? So far have this with a rough example.

Thanks

OJTI pay comparison at $100k scale
Alaska?: 10% override - $10,000/yr
Southwest: 7% overrride - $7,000/yr
Jetblue: $200/mo - $2,400/yr
Spirit: 4hrs/shift - $200/shift - $2,400/1shift/mo ($3,200 for 8shiftx2mo)
Fedex: 2hrs/shift - $100/shift - $1,200/1shift/mo ($1,600 for 8shiftx2mo)
Allegiant: $5/hr | $50/shift - $600/1shift/mo ($800 for 8shiftx2mo)

Any other airlines can give their numbers? So far have this with a rough example.

Thanks

OJTI pay comparison at $100k scale
Alaska?: 10% override - $10,000/yr
Southwest: 7% overrride - $7,000/yr
Jetblue: $200/mo - $2,400/yr
Spirit: 4hrs/shift - $200/shift - $2,400/1shift/mo ($3,200 for 8shiftx2mo)
Fedex: 2hrs/shift - $100/shift - $1,200/1shift/mo ($1,600 for 8shiftx2mo)
Allegiant: $5/hr | $50/shift - $600/1shift/mo ($800 for 8shiftx2mo)
Atlas is $4/hr for instructors at an average of 1940/hrs per year = $7760. That's for every shift everyday.

For a Line Dispatcher performing OJT it's $2/hr added for shifts on which you perform OJT.

Back