Oh Delta 11(?)

When I was in MI I read a story about some old lady living by herself who had been dead for like 5 yrs and no one knew. No one until auto pay bills ran out and some bank/financial institution finally served at home and they discovered her dead for 5 years.

THAT may be the most important and unnoticed post of the year. Go Humans!!! Yay!!!!

One of the most cringeworthy experiences is riding a hotel van with a crew member making over 6 figures complaining about being poor.

I get it, compared to our peers and how hard we work, we don't make what we should. But know your audience.
THIS! Especially Boomer captains bitching to FOs about ex-wives, GA airplane problems, boats, etc.

One of the most cringeworthy experiences is riding a hotel van with a crew member making over 6 figures complaining about being poor.

I get it, compared to our peers and how hard we work, we don't make what we should. But know your audience.

I did some of our peak flying for Purple out of Memphis. When I was done, the driver taking me to the airport told me how he's heard about what we're going through and has been praying for us and hopes we get what we deserve. Then he refused my tip. Absolutely friggin ridiculous.

The people complaining about being poor really live sheltered lives and are blind to the world around them.

Or, at worst, aren’t blind to the world around them and think “Well, nevermind true poverty, that doesn’t apply to me, but someone else has more than me, thus, I must be poor”.

Some of us make half a million a year, but bitch about the company not providing a $700 active noise cancelling headset, but you’re willing to lose your hearing and pay for an audiologist the rest of your life. Primadonnas.

The people complaining about being poor really live sheltered lives and are blind to the world around them.

Or, at worst, aren’t blind to the world around them and think “Well, nevermind true poverty, that doesn’t apply to me, but someone else has more than me, thus, I must be poor”.

Some of us make half a million a year, but bitch about the company not providing a $700 active noise cancelling headset, but you’re willing to lose your hearing and pay for an audiologist the rest of your life. Primadonnas.

So much this. I don't get it.

Seriously, for me (FERRRMEEEEEEE), I don’t like autopay because I have the suspicion that I’d have to work twice as hard to be sure they took out the correct amount and an inordinate amount of time to get it back. Plus, it’s a great reminder of “do I REALLY need this?” Which I usually don’t and I’ll scale down and/or cancel.

I do autopay, but, when I retired (the first time) and started actually looking at my bills, I was amazed at how much I was paying for that I didn't need. Particularly in the internet/cable/phone depts. Apparently they just added services over time that if you didn't proactively refuse, they considered that you approved.

I do autopay, but, when I retired (the first time) and started actually looking at my bills, I was amazed at how much I was paying for that I didn't need. Particularly in the internet/cable/phone depts. Apparently they just added services over time that if you didn't proactively refuse, they considered that you approved.

my favorite was when I combined T-Mobile accounts with my partner to get the employee discount, and they still charged for services on the old line, as if it were 2-phones, 3 lines.

Back