Odd Bylaw.....

Is the 182 a 182RG or fixed gear? It's possible that they don't think a student pilot can comprehend the idea of "high performance" and "governors". :cwm27:

We are no longer just spoiled with GPS, but those dang G-1000's!! They do everything for you! Kids these days are so lucky. :D
It is a fixed gear, or was a fixed gear 182 before the accident. Ha! I dont believe that I will be flying a g1000 equipped aircraft any time soon.:D

The first plane I flew that had an autopilot (a reliable one anyway) was a MU-2. I flew about 15 hours in a G1000 once and that has been the most advanced avionics I've ever flown.

I think it would add hours to your instrument curriculum if you wanted to do a checkride in a G1000 aircraft. I never recommended it when I was an instructor.

At my flight school, not a club, the owner does not allow student pilots to train in our DA40's. Both of the DA40's are G1000 equiped and he says that student pilots are just to hard on the planes.

G1000 are horrible for VFR pilots, they tend to look down WAY to much. The new DA40 XLS has the GFC700 autopilot which are rated down to 200ft agl, and will fly any approach pretty much prefect.

Back