Oct 8th Terminal Basics UNITE!

w00Pilot

Just looking to see who all is starting class in OKC Oct 8th. Where is everyone coming from/going to, and where are you staying during?

I'll see you there!

I was looking for a terminals basics class starting 10/8 and I couldn't find it...
then it dawned on me that you're going to a TRACON, so therefore terminal basics - tracon class

Not too many tracon febots here, good luck :drool:

So am I REALLY the only one starting October 8th ? :confused:

After extensive review they decided you needed a one on one session to go at your own pace in order to increase your chances of successfully completing academy.

In fact, I heard that they are going to let you practice your PV until you get it right before you take the "real one". ;)

Yeah, I noticed the same thing. This could be the worlds biggest typo, I guess ill have to wait until monday to see.

There is an Oct. 8th date. I was offered the same date but it filled up before I replied to the e-mail. The next two dates are Dec. 4 and Dec. 18th.

There is an Oct. 8th date. I was offered the same date but it filled up before I replied to the e-mail. The next two dates are Dec. 4 and Dec. 18th.

Oh no, when did you get FOL and did you go to a PEPC?

Also, are you going basics to tower cab,
or basics to tracon?

I wonder if that doesnt have anything to do with the basics they can put you in.......

(that must mean the NOV class dates are filled also.....)

w00pilot... I've got an Oct 8 date as well and am heading to SCT afterward. I still haven't gotten my FOL yet though, have you? I've been checking out some of the apartments online but am thinking I shouldn't reserve a room until I get my FOL. Where are you staying?

w00pilot... I've got an Oct 8 date as well and am heading to SCT afterward. I still haven't gotten my FOL yet though, have you? I've been checking out some of the apartments online but am thinking I shouldn't reserve a room until I get my FOL. Where are you staying?

Highlander, that's reassuring! I did receive my FOL, on the 12th I believe. If you have a firm class date then I would definitely go ahead and reserve housing. I have a 1 bedroom (42$/night) at walnut gardens. If you want to possibly room up and get a 2 bedroom place (46$/night) PM me. Apparently they are pretty flexible as far as switching room types. See you in OK!

I've got an Oct. 3rd class date, then heading to SCT as well. I haven't received my FOL but I was told to expect it in the next day or two. They offered me the 3rd, the 17th, or the 30th of October. Two of those three dates are on a Friday, anyone else find that odd? Well, see you at SCT Highlander. :nana2:

I've got an Oct. 3rd class date, then heading to SCT as well. I haven't received my FOL but I was told to expect it in the next day or two. They offered me the 3rd, the 17th, or the 30th of October. Two of those three dates are on a Friday, anyone else find that odd? Well, see you at SCT Highlander. :nana2:

Did either of you guys 'guesstimate' the last day of class to be December 22 ?

Bananahands, it's good to meet a fellow SCTer. Have you figured out where you're gonna stay yet? I think I've basically got it down to either Citadel Suites (good b/c free breakfast M-F; bad b/c gotta leave really early for the bus) or maybe Walnut Gardens.

w00Pilot as far as an ending date is concerned, I came up with 12/24 since thats pretty much 52 class days (taking into account the 2 Federal holidays of Columbus Day and Thanksgiving). The thing that confuses me though is someone on these forums listed out the exact courses required for TRACON training and upon calculating the number of class days, I got 52 (which is also what my TOL initially stated). But at the NY PEPC, as the HR rep was going over my TOL with me, she saw the 52 classroom days and crossed it out replacing it with 62 days. She said that it should be 62 days, do you or anyone know if she was wrong?

Back