NY Earthquake

A1TAPE

There was an earthquake this morning in NY which caused ground stops for the metros and others. 4.8 semiotic score so felt shaking for a good 20 seconds. My question for you crews how did you handle it when it happened? I heard a bunch of arrivals went around, not sure if they were told to by ATC or not. But for those on the ground who felt it were you waiting, on the roll, or about to take off? Also if it happens during the roll would YOU abort? How would you take it up AFTER V1 during the earthquake?

Nothing in my FCOM about earthquakes. Though your post and actually experiencing this earthquake, a first for me, makes me curious about what it would feel like in an aircraft during a takeoff- I suppose in the moment you could interpret it as abnormal vibrations and decide to abort?

Nothing in my FCOM about earthquakes. Though your post and actually experiencing this earthquake, a first for me, makes me curious about what it would feel like in an aircraft during a takeoff- I suppose in the moment you could interpret it as abnormal vibrations and decide to abort?
But would one feel the vibrations of say an engine before the EICAS alerted to the ENG VIB?

There was an earthquake this morning in NY which caused ground stops for the metros and others. 4.8 semiotic score so felt shaking for a good 20 seconds. My question for you crews how did you handle it when it happened? I heard a bunch of arrivals went around, not sure if they were told to by ATC or not. But for those on the ground who felt it were you waiting, on the roll, or about to take off? Also if it happens during the roll would YOU abort? How would you take it up AFTER V1 during the earthquake?
View: https://youtu.be/qi4_6kS5gto?&t=119

1712436643900.gif

Albany overnight and I woke to a gentle swaying much like when the washing machine is poorly loaded. Cursed the hotel for putting the washers next to my room. Couldn’t be an earthquake as I’m across the country from CA.

Next day I’m home in the SF Bay Area and another earthquake shakes my house. I swear they’re following me.

Back