NWA job

Hey guys. Do any of you know whether northwest airline jobs such as customer service and ramp agent are competetive? I'm assuming they are but just checking. It would be nice to get some free flights back home.

Hey guys. Do any of you know whether northwest airline jobs such as customer service and ramp agent are competetive? I'm assuming they are but just checking. It would be nice to get some free flights back home.

They are somewhat competative I suppose. NWA has a program where college students work the summer and winter break, and they can keep the travel benifit while they are at school. NWA also chips in a thousand dollars for the college tuition. Check into that. As for benifits? They don't kick in for 6 months, maybe a year. I don't remember which.

i thought pinnacle did the ground service at GFK??

Not sure. AFAIK NWA does have employees as CSA's but I'm not sure about the ramp. I think they might be cross utilized so that would still be NWA. GFK is an NWA diversion airport so it's manned 24/7.

All of the employees are pinnacle, according to my friend that works there. They even get shirts with their names embroidered on them! I don't know how competitive the jobs are, but I do know that they require a couple weeks of training and set hours that are not flexible. (kind of like Fedex)

They are pretty competitve but thats because of the good pay and the benefits. I worked for NWA last summer as a ramp agent back home at KOMA (Omaha, NE). It was the best job I've had to date. The only downside is the shifts are generally pretty long generally 10-12 hrs for a full timer and I'm not sure if your part time but I would assume it still might be kind of long. As for the benefits like reduced or free flights they don't start until 6 months after you get hired...

Thanks for the help. The program for college students working in summer and winter break seems like a good deal. I went to their website but they arn't taking applications yet. I'm assuming they will start taking applications in the spring? How long is ramp agent training?

If I remember right its roughly 3 weeks long (5 days a week and maybe around 5 hours a day). You have to do a TON of computer/classroom training before they will even let you go out onto the ramp and touch an airplane but oh well at least it's paid training.

Back