Nurtanio N-219

srn121

I admit I've been a bit blindsided by this aircraft and only found out about it today, but it looks beautiful on paper, on the ground and in the air.

Nurtanio is Indonesian and they're also using some of the CASA 235 into a new 50 seater turboprop called the N-245. It's exciting to see another company branch out from license built designs and explore their own products for export almost like Embraer did.

I can't find too many videos on it, but this one's nice with the volume off if you're not into the hip garbage all the young kids like these days.

Here's how it will stack up to some of it's competition.

Screen%2BShot%2B2017-11-28%2Bat%2B9.13.56%2BAM.jpg

And that graphic and table was care of this site.

So they just ripped off a LET-410?

It's a fixed gear and seems to be an improvement over the Twin Otter which is still very desirable for many kinds of operations, so much so that their are a lot of folks spending big money refurbing many old ones and if they can match the STOL performance of the Twin Otter than I can see the interest. The Czech's build great stuff no doubt, but I'm not going to scoff at some newcomer and I will wish them well on meeting their performance targets.

How does it have 8' less wingspan, 500 less shp, and claims to cruise faster yet have half the required take off distance as airplanes of the same weight?

If the numbers I found and shared were correct it has 1' less wingspan than the Twin Otter and 230 HP each side extra which is a third more than the Twin Otter and with a MTOW around 25 percent greater.

It's a fixed gear and seems to be an improvement over the Twin Otter which is still very desirable for many kinds of operations, so much so that their are a lot of folks spending big money refurbing many old ones and if they can match the STOL performance of the Twin Otter than I can see the interest. The Czech's build great stuff no doubt, but I'm not going to scoff at some newcomer and I will wish them well on meeting their performance targets.

If the numbers I found and shared were correct it has 1' less wingspan than the Twin Otter and 230 HP each side extra which is a third more than the Twin Otter and with a MTOW around 25 percent greater.

Sorry, that is an error on my end. The MTOW isn’t listed, but the other numbers seem off for this comparison.

Sorry, that is an error on my end. The MTOW isn’t listed, but the other numbers seem off for this comparison.

There's nothing to apologize for and I'm sure those numbers will change as it gets closer to production. Here's hoping they pull it off as I love how it looks without the struts.

I admit I've been a bit blindsided by this aircraft and only found out about it today, but it looks beautiful on paper, on the ground and in the air.

Nurtanio is Indonesian and they're also using some of the CASA 235 into a new 50 seater turboprop called the N-245. It's exciting to see another company branch out from license built designs and explore their own products for export almost like Embraer did.

I can't find too many videos on it, but this one's nice with the volume off if you're not into the hip garbage all the young kids like these days.

Here's how it will stack up to some of it's competition.

Screen%2BShot%2B2017-11-28%2Bat%2B9.13.56%2BAM.jpg

And that graphic and table was care of this site.

Missing:
Cost/hr
Usable cargo volume
Inspection intervals

Twin Otter:
Pro: Everything is known, everything has been proven and re-proven. Optimized for bush flying.
Con: Older tech, less volume, less weight capacity.

Sky Courier:
Pro: Cessna network for parts and servicing. Likely inexpensive per hour costs. Probable single pilot operations. LD3's!! So much VOLUME!!
Con: less optimized for bush/mountain flying. Not field tested.
Note: Will likely fly out of MEM, MIA, etc, and regional airports where field length is not a factor.

Back