NTSB - Preliminary Report A350 v. CRJ (ATL)

Glass houses and but for the grace of God and all, but 56 feet from the hold short line?!

Wow.

And I've always been taught, especially in big airplanes, if there is any doubt at all in your mind if you have room, you don't.

Glass houses and but for the grace of God and all, but 56 feet from the hold short line?!

Wow.

And I've always been taught, especially in big airplanes, if there is any doubt at all in your mind if you have room, you don't.
That definitely stuck out. I went back and reread everything but didn't see any specific information speaking to why that would have been.

That definitely stuck out. I went back and reread everything but didn't see any specific information speaking to why that would have been.
I see it all the time, both in other airplanes doing it and in my cockpit. When I was an RJ FO, some were really bad about it.

Now that I work for an employer with mainly heavy jets, most guys are pretty good about pulling right up to the line to allow more airplanes in (with the exception of one fleet, but they're the except to EVER-Y-THING!)

Surprisingly, the MD-11 guys were the best at it, which is weird considering the nose wheel is about 9 miles behind the cockpit.

Reactions: JEP
Back