Notice of Disapproval

Jonathan Evans

I was hired at a Part 135 Carrier ( EMS) and sent to FSI for King Air Initial..had to step away for some personal family issue ( Father passed away) I returned to take my Checkride...well ...didn't pass! Ended up with a Notice of Disapproval..first ever in my many years of flying.So my company terminated me the same day. No opportunity to re-train.So I remain professional and humble.
I have since be hired and my current company wants to send me back to FSI for King Air Initial.( Same training center)....
Thoughts????

I was hired at a Part 135 Carrier ( EMS) and sent to FSI for King Air Initial..had to step away for some personal family issue ( Father passed away) I returned to take my Checkride...well ...didn't pass! Ended up with a Notice of Disapproval..first ever in my many years of flying.So my company terminated me the same day. No opportunity to re-train.So I remain professional and humble.
I have since be hired and my current company wants to send me back to FSI for King Air Initial.( Same training center)....
Thoughts????
My thoughts are pretty simple. It sucks that your company wasn't willing to work with you more after the death of your father. That pretty low. Really validates my decision to not work in 135. Great that you got a new job... Just buck it up, go to training and rock the crap out of it. And finally, a check ride bust? Who cares? Lots of us have messed up on a training evaluation. Just forget it and move on.

My thoughts are pretty simple. It sucks that your company wasn't willing to work with you more after the death of your father. That pretty low. Really validates my decision to not work in 135. Great that you got a new job... Just buck it up, go to training and rock the crap out of it. And finally, a check ride bust? Who cares? Lots of us have messed up on a training evaluation. Just forget it and move on.

Sorry for your loss bud.

Thoughts????

I think that in the long run you will see it as a lucky break. You'll be working for a better company.

In the short run, dig into those books. You have a big advantage with the aircraft familiarity and the texts, so make the most of it.

I did a cursory search/history of Notice Of Disapprovals (NOD), and I was not successful with finding a result. My question is, how many NODs can one receive per specific checkride? If one wishes, can they did a specific checkride multiple times and not be successful? Per type rating, there can be NODs, but for a single rating checkride, can there be multiple failures?

I did a cursory search/history of Notice Of Disapprovals (NOD), and I was not successful with finding a result. My question is, how many NODs can one receive per specific checkride? If one wishes, can they did a specific checkride multiple times and not be successful? Per type rating, there can be NODs, but for a single rating checkride, can there be multiple failures?
Er.... As many times as you're willing to try it I guess...

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

You can attempt as many of the same checkride as your wallet or lending institution allows.

You can attempt as many of the same checkride as your wallet or lending institution allows.
My thought as well although you know people with cash, who can also afford their own planes, can afford to checkride after checkride till they get it right. Secondary to the no checkride limit. . .I wonder how many times a person NOD'd before they finally got it?

My thought as well although you know people with cash, who can also afford their own planes, can afford to checkride after checkride till they get it right. Secondary to the no checkride limit. . .I wonder how many times a person NOD'd before they finally got it?
It really comes down to the training. In theory, the checkride is a second opinion to the instructors. If you fail, you had a bad day. If you fail again, I look at the instructor as suspect in the situation also. FSI is generally pretty good in making sure that you are ready for the ride. If you do not feel ready, discuss it with the instructor and make sure you are on the same page.

Did you have a session after your break, or did you come back from your fathers funeral and hop right in for a ride?

Study so damn hard that there is no way it’ll happen again. Pass, live happily ever after, and only ever think of this when you’re telling a future company how much you learned from it.

True. . .

Had me thinking is all. Low ball N.O.D. is zero from PVT to ATP. Sweet. . .however, sound as if you can receive . . .say four (4) having failed PVT/INST/Commercial/ATP? Five with ME? More with CFI/CFII/MEI?

Just wondering. . .

Back