Note to self...

Why? In my 5 months of flying this thing opening that hatch has not crossed my mind. The apu was blowing an icy winter chill today.

Why? In my 5 months of flying this thing opening that hatch has not crossed my mind. The apu was blowing an icy winter chill today.

Well as you know from our 10 thousand memos a day, its impossible to get a bug wash, even from where your supposed to get them. I was flying with a captain and we had the bright idea to be cool like mainline and open the escape hatch (since the window doesnt open... lame) and poor water down while doing the wipers. Big mistake. I'm fully expecting a memo from B.M. on this next week....

You mean open the hatch like this?

<------

:bandit:

Nah, it was more like this:

P1010825.jpg

THis one time, at ASA, while stuck in a ground hold at JFK, the captain was suffering from some serious nicotine withdrawal. So, he pops the hatch on the RJ and gets his fix. He went from :crazy: to :p

:rotfl: You're a piece of work Mark! I miss workin with you over there. You guys can't open any side windows in the cockpit?

Nope. The APU works mighty fine on the megawhacker. If it is inop they have air hoses that they attach to the back.

Well, I'm expecting a new memo now and a misnumbered addendum to go into my paperback FOP held together with Aluminum tape and a sign to be put into each Q saying not to open the Escape hatch unless in emergency. YAY!

I didn't know th Q's came with a masthead!

You look handsome in the airplane Segs!

Ethan, that story was fu .u .u .nnny I'm still laughing!:laff:

Nope. The APU works mighty fine on the megawhacker. If it is inop they have air hoses that they attach to the back.

Wait until those planes are like 2 years old and the duct work is out of whack. Then you barely get air out of the gaspers up front with the APU on and swear they didn't even hook up external air despite the fact that ugly yellow hose is attached and inflated. :)

I'm not sure why Bombardier doesn't design the side windows to open. The -200 is the same way, and I can think of a number of times I wished that thing would open. Bug wash was already mentioned, and it'd come in real handy if all you're waiting on is the cargo slip but otherwise you'd be out on time.

Wait until those planes are like 2 years old and the duct work is out of whack. Then you barely get air out of the gaspers up front with the APU on and swear they didn't even hook up external air despite the fact that ugly yellow hose is attached and inflated. :)

I'm not sure why Bombardier doesn't design the side windows to open. The -200 is the same way, and I can think of a number of times I wished that thing would open. Bug wash was already mentioned, and it'd come in real handy if all you're waiting on is the cargo slip but otherwise you'd be out on time.

Or wait until moron ground crew people always make sure there are kinks in the air hoses so they do absolutely nothing, or they blow 80 degree air (like today).

Yeah...APU's are niiiiccceeee when they work. I've only flown on one jungle jet with a MEL'd APU and it sucked until we got an engine on, but still a far cry from the 1900. That airplane was designed to make you sweat. We've got these niffty windows on the 170's in the cockpit that slide pretty far back and come equipped with retractable window shades....ah..livin the dream. :laff:

I retract my previous statement...I didnt realize it was a late night ALB doors session...in which case open away.

As for the bugwash...did it seem like a good idea until the CA realized that the wipers are AC and the props would have to be out of feather for them to work, or was this on the taxiway?

I retract my previous statement...I didnt realize it was a late night ALB doors session...in which case open away.

As for the bugwash...did it seem like a good idea until the CA realized that the wipers are AC and the props would have to be out of feather for them to work, or was this on the taxiway?

Windshield wipers worked perfectly on the ground with no engines running. we routinely put them up since it makes it ten times quiter in the air.

Ahem, the preferred lexicon is "Bobblehead"... "Bobblehead" sir. :)

The wipers are DC. However, they run off one of the secondary busses, so if you're running off the APU they don't work. They work when you're on DC external power, though.

Back