North Texas instead of OKC?

I have a sneaking suspision that the author doesn't full understand the difference between the FAA and contractors. This doesn't sound like training that fully prepares you to be employed with the FAA. I think it would get you what you need to work a contract tower... But if you were to go through it then apply to the FAA, I bet you'd still have to do the FAA academy.

Just doesn't seem completely accurate

I have a sneaking suspision that the author doesn't full understand the difference between the FAA and contractors. This doesn't sound like training that fully prepares you to be employed with the FAA. I think it would get you what you need to work a contract tower... But if you were to go through it then apply to the FAA, I bet you'd still have to do the FAA academy.

Just doesn't seem completely accurate

I agree. Perhaps this is another CTI program set up to give their students a CTO and recommend them for hire in the FAA. But the contract tower idea sounds more plausible. It doesn't make sense for a Texas news agency to release this information and claim it's a "new academy" where the FAA gives no mention of this on their site or through other media outlets.

Yeah, I'm not sure if it was intentional or not, but the article makes it sound like this is connected to the FAA in some way. It doesn't appear that's true.

DANG!!!

How much will it cost to attend the Link Simulation & Training Air Traffic Control Academy?

Tuition for students electing to pursue a career as an air traffic controller, the most lucrative career in the nation not requiring a four-year degree, is $41,200.

DANG!!!

How much will it cost to attend the Link Simulation & Training Air Traffic Control Academy?

Tuition for students electing to pursue a career as an air traffic controller, the most lucrative career in the nation not requiring a four-year degree, is $41,200.

Yeeeeouch!

I see financial aid is available though.

well it cant be contract towers as the contract tower mandate staes they cant hire many trainees, nor would contractors want to as it would cost the contractor money.

they hiring is not allowed either, they still have to get hired the regular way, so wonder how they will work this....anyone with more info?
someone want to call and ask?

Well I'm guessing that since you emerge from this school with a CTO, you can apply for one of those CTO/no experience announcements they've had before. And why wouldn't the contract towers be able to hire if the students come out with a CTO?

if you look at the contract towers, they COULD hire them, but wont since it will take much more training time and eat into the contracters profit, hence why it would be a last effort thing.

as for the cto announcement, i doubt that, or all the CCBC kids would do that instead of the usual way

Back