Normal or Abnormal

snOOp

Hey guys im out in Phoenix instructing and I had a question. Its been two months since I started my job for my company and unfortunately I don't feel like something is right. I mean like my boss always is very rude to me when I'm working my tail off for him. He makes very nasty comment to me. Underline very. He only gave me one shirt for wearing to work as a dress code and will not provide me another one. I was wondering if this is a normal for things for CFI's or is it abnormal. I mean should I start looking for another job.

When I mean rude, I mean so rude and embarrassing I don't want to repeat them. Oh yea and he says it in front of my student. :eek:

Hey guys im out in Phoenix instructing and I had a question. Its been two months since I started my job for my company and unfortunately I don't feel like something is right. I mean like my boss always is very rude to me when I'm working my tail off for him. He makes very nasty comment to me. Underline very. He only gave me one shirt for wearing to work as a dress code and will not provide me another one. I was wondering if this is a normal for things for CFI's or is it abnormal. I mean should I start looking for another job.

When I mean rude, I mean so rude and embarrassing I don't want to repeat them. Oh yea and he says it in front of my student. :eek:

How old are you?

Very abnormal. In any job would you think this behavior is normal? If not why would you think so for a CFI?
You are a trained professional and should be treated as such. If your boss has a problem he/she needs to talk to you privately.

Very abnormal. In any job would you think this behavior is normal? If not why would you think so for a CFI?
You are a trained professional and should be treated as such. If your boss has a problem he/she needs to talk to you privately.

He wouldn't give me the time. Its weird because everyone at the FBO loves talking to me but he is just so obnoxious. I wouldn't mind it as much as long as it is not in front of my student. It's just so weird. Does anyone have suggestions. Should I find something else?

Well CFIs are a dime a dozen right now, so your boss has no incentive to change, because he could probably hire 10 CFIs tomorrow, if he wanted to.

Be rude back and tell him you need another shirt or two. Being a small dude I've put up with this crap all my life. The best thing to do is not let him walk all over you. But that advise has limits so tread lightly.

true. Few jobs out there now, but someday something down the street will open up.

Thats true. Im going to definitely start looking. I deserve better. But Im just finishing up my associates so I hope people will give me an opportunity. :crazy:

I'd walk in there and be like, "if you can't afford another shirt, then you cannot afford to keep meh here." :nana2::panic:

I'd be very carefull on how you approach this. But it needs to be brought up, in a private meeting. You need to grab your balls up, walk into his office and close the door behind you and ask him if there is something you're doing that is upsetting him because you detect some abrasiveness comming from him. Working in near fear is no way to work, I'd rather be un-employed and poor. Don't be offensive, but be firm.

Ask for another shirt and why he is so rude to you infront of students. If he has no good answers, then when he is rude, be rude back(I would be). But be carefull and tactfull how you do it, else you'll be looking for a new job with out a choice in the matter.

Back