Norfolk, VA (KORF)

TrustMeI'maPilot

Hey guys this is my first post although I've lurked the forum for about 3 years now.

I am currently attending college in Arizona where I will be graduating in December. I have lived out here year round since I started college in August of '05 so I have not had an opportunity to network at my home airports in Virginia where I will probably be heading back to in a couple months once I graduate.

Anyway was wondering if anyone on here has any info on who flies Corporate/135/freight, really anything, out of southeast Virginia. Preferably Norfolk, Newport News, or Chesapeake. I know it's a long shot with the industry right now but it's so hard to get a job out here in Phoenix that I figured I'd start looking at home.

I'm currently instructing at a small part 61 school out here and my times are 1100TT/125ME, I will easily have 135 minimums by December. Any info would be appreciated!

Thanks a lot in advance

Hey guys this is my first post although I've lurked the forum for about 3 years now.

I am currently attending college in Arizona where I will be graduating in December. I have lived out here year round since I started college in August of '05 so I have not had an opportunity to network at my home airports in Virginia where I will probably be heading back to in a couple months once I graduate.

Anyway was wondering if anyone on here has any info on who flies Corporate/135/freight, really anything, out of southeast Virginia. Preferably Norfolk, Newport News, or Chesapeake. I know it's a long shot with the industry right now but it's so hard to get a job out here in Phoenix that I figured I'd start looking at home.

I'm currently instructing at a small part 61 school out here and my times are 1100TT/125ME, I will easily have 135 minimums by December. Any info would be appreciated!

Thanks a lot in advance

ram air freight would be worth looking into. They fly out of KOFP and fly to KORF. I instructed in concord NC for a while and the guys based there really didn't hate their jobs and they even spent around 6 months is a Cherokee six before up grading to a seneca.
Mountain Air Cargo is also in the area and they pay pretty well.

Look into Rick Aviation at PHF. They typically hire their C90 drivers from the flight instructor pool.

You can also drop a line at International Jet Charter at ORF. They have a couple of Citations (Bravo/Encore), a Beechjet, and do quite a bit of management/charter on for a couple of King Airs. I think they just picked up a new person, and I believe they're trying to start an SIC program (paid, not pay for). 800-590-1159. Ask to speak to Julie, and if she's interested to talk to you, tell her Travis with Tactical Air referred you.

Thanks for all the info guys. Got a hold of Ram Air and they are not hiring at this time. I'm going to be home the week of Thanksgiving so I'm going to call and go to the airport to drop off my resume with International Jet Charter, they sound like the kind of job I'm looking for at this time. I'll definitely tell them you referred me Travis.

Thanks again!

Back