Non-Stop vs. One Stop - Airfare Watch

JEP

Does It Really Matter....?
Staff member
I was just checking some airfare to see if anything has changed and the airfare swing is very wide. The options (2 tickets) right now are:

Non-Stop
SY - $568.80
AW - $578.40
NW - $588.80

1-Stop
AA - MSP-STL-LAS $439.60
UA - MSP-ORD-LAS $829.60

I really didn't want to mess with connections, but American might get a second look.

Another $100 is well worth the non-stop.

Saving a little dough is nice until your first leg leaves late, then you misconnect!

If the non-stop's delayed, you're still going to make it.

[ QUOTE ]
Another $100 is well worth the non-stop.

Saving a little dough is nice until your first leg leaves late, then you misconnect!

If the non-stop's delayed, you're still going to make it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed on that. Heck, particularly if the connection is through ORD.

Well after checking with TheWife, she put the kabosh on saving a little dough with the connections. Her exact words were, 'For the extra $130, I'd rather go non-stop and not worry about the connections." I mentioned what Doug replied to my original post and she says, "See, even an airline pilot is telling you the same thing".
Doug, why'd you have to agree with her.?
sarcasm.gif
grin.gif
Anyhow, the non-stops do offer a better schedule and more time in SinCity.
rawk.gif
Now if I can just find a good price on the hotel, I'd be set.

Non-stop is worth the extra $100-$150. You wanna sit on your butt waiting for an airplane, or do you want to be in Vegas? What's your time worth?

I don't know...I'd save the money and make a connection . . .

Then again, I just really enjoy being on airplanes!
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Then again, I just really enjoy being on airplanes!
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

If I'm flying it, yeah. If I'm just another pax in seat 26H, it's just another trip.

you just have to look at as its only 50 bucks each way to fly non stop. So ask yourself is 50 bucks worth not missing my connection if my first flight is delayed. did that make sense?
confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Hey man, $50 is like two weeks worth of groceries!
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Or a couple of swings at the JC craps table.
grin.gif

Back