Non-Ownered Insurance

hammerhat

Is that even a thing? In the fixed wing world we have Avemco, which gives a basic hull and liability coverage for a reasonable price in singles, twins, gliders, experimentals, and even floatplanes, whether boring holes in the sky or teaching.

The place where I fly helos has 8K deductible and a subrogation clause. I'm about to solo the R22, should get my own non-owned policy? Where? How much should expect to pay?

This is for fixed wing, but I have a policy for renting and borrowing from Avemco. It covers deductible up to ten grand (I think) and was under $400.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yeah I have NAFI/Avemco policy for fixed wings. But Avemco doesn't insure rotorcraft. I don't need CFI liability coverage in helo, only renters/non-owned liability+hull.

Yeah I have NAFI/Avemco policy for fixed wings. But Avemco doesn't insure rotorcraft. I don't need CFI liability coverage in helo, only renters/non-owned liability+hull.

Maybe try an aviation insurance broker? They should have a good idea of what products are available.

Back