No Longer a Lear 60 Pilot

fsiflyer

Well it looks like my days as a Lear 60 pilot are numbered. :(

Today I had a meeting with my DO and for some reason he believes I will be better suited to be a captain on the Challenger 300 and get a pay raise. :) Silly man...

My number finally came up and I was awarded Captain on the Challenger 300!!! :) It's a brand new airplane and one of the hottest type ratings to get in the industry right now. Also, yesterday was my birthday so it turned out to be a great surprise. Going to different planes out here is a strange process as they all have different owners and you have to negotiate a new contract everytime. I start initial on September 8th but we have a request in for the August 11th class. It will be nice to be home in the states for a while and I can't wait to fly the brand spankin new jet. :) Here it is below.

CL300.jpg

Keep fighting out there guys. There are jobs! I almost quit the industry about two years ago and would have missed all this.

Stone Cold -If you are reading this I am still pushing for you I promise!

That's Great. I still have a long road ahead of me, but I hope someday to be in your shoes. :rawk:

sweet plane man.

I had the chance to change from the 60 to the 300 last month but in this company the 300 guys just work to damn hard!

Congrats!

Grats. I overhaul the Challenger 300 Honeywell engine.

Your life is in mine, and like 30 other peoples hands. :p

Rumor is that we (Honeywell) will be making a HTF10000 for the 300.

I love the 300 man, looks like a sweet ride!

Congrats! There was a 300 here at my local airport (KJYO) in the transient ramp and I was there gocking at it :buck: it looks like a very sweet ride. Now everytime I open my cell phone on the background is the 300. I just cant wait to build some turbine time. but with 720TT and only 160 multi, and regionals arent hiring now, there isnt much chance to get turbine time.

Congrats! There was a 300 here at my local airport (KJYO) in the transient ramp and I was there gocking at it :buck: it looks like a very sweet ride. Now everytime I open my cell phone on the background is the 300. I just cant wait to build some turbine time. but with 720TT and only 160 multi, and regionals arent hiring now, there isnt much chance to get turbine time.
Regionals are not the only way to build turbine time...just FYI:D At your hours, I'd be more interested in building TT first (read: experience) and second ME time. Both will help your cause.

Congrats FSI! I see the FlexJets 300s come in here all the time and they are awesome aircraft with some impressive avionics.

That's gotta be tough duty!
Beautiful airplane, man! What a neat ride.

Best of luck and congrats - us poor bug smasher pilots can only look on and drool......

BP244

Regionals are not the only way to build turbine time...just FYI:D At your hours, I'd be more interested in building TT first (read: experience) and second ME time. Both will help your cause.
:yeahthat: There are LOTS of opportunities still out there. It just requires alittle more experience. Getting your time up to 1500TT should open countless opportunities.

Back