No Federal pay raises 2019

This also affects military uniform-wearing National Guard federal employees who do the lions share of military work for the National Guard.

This also affects military uniform-wearing National Guard federal employees who do the lions share of military work for the National Guard.

I don’t think it does. GS-scale DoD employees get authorized raises through other means iirc. They’ve gotten raises when the rest of the Fed work force hasn’t.

I’m just thankful we were able to push through those tax cuts for the 1% that added over $1T to the national debt before deciding we can’t give federal employees a raise to match inflation.

So much of the FAA has been on 6 day weeks for the last 2-3 years at least, this will be great for morale.

/s

I’m just thankful we were able to push through those tax cuts for the 1% that added over $1T to the national debt before deciding we can’t give federal employees a raise to match inflation.

So much of the FAA has been on 6 day weeks for the last 2-3 years at least, this will be great for morale.

/s
Well, if you can cripple the agency by sending retention down the tubes, you can point to it and say “see, a private corporation would be so much better!”

That’s the general Republican strategy, take various government agencies and run them into the ground and then use them as examples of why government is bad.

Very true. The Democratic approach is very similar. Take various government agencies and run them into the ground and then use them as examples of why government needs more money.

Trying to elevate one party over the other is the work of the fringes.

Very true. The Democratic approach is very similar. Take various government agencies and run them into the ground and then use them as examples of why government needs more money.

Trying to elevate one party over the other is the work of the fringes.

Are you drunk? The democrats may be incompetent but they certainly aren’t malicious.

Why can’t we just try to make government do a good job?

Oh man, now this is going to help already dismal staffing.

Get ready for more "I'm workin' NINE frequencies, everyone stand by"

To be fair, it’s not anybody could have possibly foreseen that all of the people hired after Reagan fired everyone would be retiring at the same time, it’s not like there’s a firm early retirement age or anything. /s

We have people in my area with 450+ hours of OT worked this year(prob nothing for N90 and a few other places) and next year we’re losing 3-4 more controllers from my area with 1 trainee projected to certify in that year. We have a bunch of trainees that are 3 years away from being certified, so help is right around the corner! And with the FAA being what it is, those trainees who are currently useless for the operation allow us to project the building as staffed, so we’re losing people to transfers and stuff even though realistically we’re gonna be in for a rough couple years.

At least with all the OT I guess I can’t complain about not getting a raise, but at this point I’d rather have a real 2 day weekend than the money. I think I remember those being pretty nice!

I'm hoping the FAA isn't anticipating technology to save them. We got a bulletin (which constitutes adequate training) on in flight CPDLC frequency changes and clearances in en route airspace. It's turned on in Indy center and I believe KC center now. The timetable is to turn it on in the en route centers over the next six months or so. I was doing some flying through Vancouver center recently and saw it for the first time myself there. It's really cool and seems to work well for those properly equipped. Could potentially make thing easier for ATC, going forward. I don't see it useful at a busy terminal like N90 though.

I'm hoping the FAA isn't anticipating technology to save them. We got a bulletin (which constitutes adequate training) on in flight CPDLC frequency changes and clearances in en route airspace. It's turned on in Indy center and I believe KC center now. The timetable is to turn it on in the en route centers over the next six months or so. I was doing some flying through Vancouver center recently and saw it for the first time myself there. It's really cool and seems to work well for those properly equipped. Could potentially make thing easier for ATC, going forward. I don't see it useful at a busy terminal like N90 though.

Get them over Canada a lot. On one hand, it’s nice and quiet. On the other ANC-CVG/ORD/wherever redeyes get even more dull.

but at this point I’d rather have a real 2 day weekend

I banged out of my OT day a few weeks ago to have 2 days off. I felt like I was on vacation. I’m so used to getting everything I need done done in 1 day so by the afternoon of the second day I was telling my wife I wish I had gone to work cause I was bored lol

And I’m right around 420 hours OT for the year so far

Last edited:
I banged out of my OT day a few weeks ago to have 2 days off. I felt like I was on vacation. I’m so used to getting everything I need done done in 1 day so by the afternoon of the second day I was telling my wife I wish I had gone to work cause I was bored lol

And I’m right around 420 hours OT for the year so far
Well you'll pay your tax bill ok,

/s

Tax cuts don’t add to the debt. Government overspending does.

Back