Next Hiring Panels

atcplt

Hey does anyone know when the next hiring panels are scheduled to meet for the May announcements. I missed the last round of hiring I guess but hopeful for the next round if it happens sometime this century.

Hey does anyone know when the next hiring panels are scheduled to meet for the May announcements. I missed the last round of hiring I guess but hopeful for the next round if it happens sometime this century.

I've heard Sept/Oct, but I don't think anyone knows for sure at this point.

Did they not send you the email? They're actually doing away with panels... it appears there is 'favoritism' going on during panels. So, what they're doing instead is randomly assigning each qualified applicant an identification number and setting up an excel command to generate random 5 digit number which will correspond with the assigned numbers. Then in excel they do a VLookup and if itfinds a match to that 5 digit number you will be tentavely selected until it moves over right 3 spaces to check you first choice of facilities, if they don't need anyone there, it will move over 4 spaces, if they still don't need you there, it will delete that row and move on to generating the next number. Soooo.... good luck to you.

I AM COMPLETELY JOKING... although I wouldn't put it past them... I keep hearing Sept / Oct too.

Did they not send you the email? They're actually doing away with panels... it appears there is 'favoritism' going on during panels. So, what they're doing instead is randomly assigning each qualified applicant an identification number and setting up an excel command to generate random 5 digit number which will correspond with the assigned numbers. Then in excel they do a VLookup and if itfinds a match to that 5 digit number you will be tentavely selected until it moves over right 3 spaces to check you first choice of facilities, if they don't need anyone there, it will move over 4 spaces, if they still don't need you there, it will delete that row and move on to generating the next number. Soooo.... good luck to you.

I AM COMPLETELY JOKING... although I wouldn't put it past them... I keep hearing Sept / Oct too.

:yup::yup::yup: that's amazing :yup::yup::yup:

Hell----I wouldn't put it past 'em either....For all we know, thats how its done now!

I have it on good authority that they take the last four of the socials, print 'em up and throw darts.

I'm going with the "Pin the tail on the donkey" method.

Blindfold, spinning in circles, and then pointing to a "block" of names on a chart

They take the 3 year olds in the on-site daycare and have them color on the applications, then have an art contest.

Actually, they did do it by randomly selecting social security numbers a few years ago. They had job fairs throughout the country where OTS people showed up to personally hand in their application. Those who had a certain last digit in their SS would be invited to take the AT-SAT. They had one scheduled in Kansas City in 2005 which I went to, and then found out that they decided to cancel the rest of the job fairs after the one in KC, so EVERYONE from all over the country came flocking to the one I was at. With a few thoudand people to choose from & only a few hundred being selected, I knew my chances of getting picked were slim. Anyway I didn't get picked. So I basically forgot about the ATC dream for a few years until early this year. Then I met a guy whose had some great inside connections. He said that the FAA admitted that ya, the whole random selection thing was a BAD idea & didn't work out too well. The FAA was currently trying to hash out a new plan for hiring. Within a few weeks the PUBNA1 came out, & here we are.

Last time I checked they are still going by the last digit of your SSN# to randomly pick you to take the AT-SAT....not everyone who applies gets the chance to take it. And this is straight from the mouth of someone in HR at OKC.

Last time I checked they are still going by the last digit of your SSN# to randomly pick you to take the AT-SAT....not everyone who applies gets the chance to take it. And this is straight from the mouth of someone in HR at OKC.

I guess that I will be hoping for a 1. :panic:

I don't believe that. There has never been one individual out of all of us on here who've ever been qualified to take the AT-SAT, but not selected to. Direct me to someone's entry of otherwise, if I'm wrong.

I've heard that they did this in the past, but not after the hiring "crisis" began.

I hear that in conjunction with Mr. Powell in the FCC, the FAA is going to start determining hiring status and employability based on the results of colonoscopies. They want to make sure everyone working has the faculty and capacity to take it up the ass on a regular basis without affecting attrition.

I hear that in conjunction with Mr. Powell in the FCC, the FAA is going to start determining hiring status and employability based on the results of colonoscopies. They want to make sure everyone working has the faculty and capacity to take it up the ass on a regular basis without affecting attrition.

:yup: tee hee, it's funny cause it's true

Back