Newbie...

ChrisA

Hi all! I didn't really know where to put this little thread, so I put it in Member Announcements because it made the most sense to me.

I'm Amy and I'm actually quite new to the whole aviation world. To be honest, I'm not really sure if I'm going to get "serious" with my flight training because I've just barely started my freshman year at SIUC. I don't know what it is about the sky, though, that intrigues me so much, I just love being up there! So who knows? I may be a flight attendant or a captain of a Boeing 767 someday...;)

Well, I look forward to getting to know the rest of you and thank you for accpeting me into this marvelous community! Chao!

Welcome to JC Amy - you will meet all kinds here. The depth of experience and the level of knowledge you will find here is impressive. Ask lots of questions and be open minded with the answers. I don't know much so please don't ask me anything beyond very basic stuff. :)

Welcome to JC Amy - you will meet all kinds here. The depth of experience and the level of knowledge you will find here is impressive. Ask lots of questions and be open minded with the answers. I don't know much so please don't ask me anything beyond very basic stuff. :)

This is very true. Once someone moves to the left seat, they automatically lose half of what they once knew about aviation. Halfheimers is a terrible disease. Better to stick with gouge from an FO!:D

This is very true. Once someone moves to the left seat, they automatically lose half of what they once knew about aviation. Halfheimers is a terrible disease. Better to stick with gouge from an FO!:D

See Amy, I told you there are smart people here on JC. :laff:

Welcome, lots of great information and lots of great people. Just stay away from the Lavatory. . .it'll skew your perception of how some of us really are. ;)

Good luck

Welcome:hiya:

My roommate is going to go SIU starting next semester. He doesnt seem to enjoy Alaska:crazy:

I was just complaining last night when I had to fly from Providence to ATL, an 2 hour 20 minute flight. Completely boring flight.

But when we got below the clouds, I saw dowtown Atlanta, and it was beautiful! That helped me to remember the reason why I am a pilot and why I always wanted to do it. Just to see the world from above. All the mysterious lights (airplanes) in the sky around ATL was amazing.

I STILL LOVE FLYING!

Ahh, Carbondale... I was on the 5 year plan down there with a major in Elementary Education, but it might as well have been Party Like A Rock Star 101. That was back in the day when they had Springfest and Halloween was crazy and we were ranked in Playboy as a party school.

Welcome from a fellow Saluki.

Back