New programs at ATP

I wouldn't necessarily call them new programs, all they are doing is just chopping up their career program, so they can appeal to that demographic that dont want to fly professionally or become CFI's .

I wouldn't necessarily call them new programs, all they are doing is just chopping up their career program, so they can appeal to that demographic that dont want to fly professionally or become CFI's .
Adaptation is required of a business if it wants to stay in business.

yea I just saw them. 24k for private to multi instrument? hmmmm.....

Now is that 120 hours of multi time or what? They don't word it very clearly. The commercial one said "100 hours Multi PIC". If I could do it over again, I couldv'e gotten my Private Single then Multi add-on AND Instrument for probably less than half of what they are asking. Not as many hours though, but unless you don't aspire to be a Commercial Pilot of any sort, hours don't really matter.

talking about loans here... more than likely, it's because people aren't getting approved for the FULL AMOUNT of the 90 day program.

Funny how this time last year I remember the speech that the VP gave to our "new hire" class. "We only teach those looking for a professional career, we dont just teach private pilots, only those who are looking to become airline pilots."

Funny how this time last year I remember the speech that the VP gave to our "new hire" class. "We only teach those looking for a professional career, we dont just teach private pilots, only those who are looking to become airline pilots."
Another ATP line, "We do not teach foreign pilots!"

99%, no I take that back, 100% of whom I teach are European students getting their JAA. Thank god for them, that is all I can say. I think the 24k for private through instrument multi is a very good idea. I know more than a few students I had in Miami would of jumped on that to get done quicker and even cheaper when you throw in the cost of housing in Miami...

My thoughts exactly. They are hoping here that it works. With 1000's of 121 guys on the street right now its hard to get someone willing to blow 60-70k on ATP. Thus trying to adapt and make it with the current economy and state of the industry. ATP will survive but they are hurting now for students at many locations. Panama City is one of the many that have noticed a large reduction in students.

Actually, judging from the amount of tours we still have, I don't think it is for a lack of students wanting to come to ATP. Financing is harder.

Actually, judging from the amount of tours we still have, I don't think it is for a lack of students wanting to come to ATP. Financing is harder.

Tours mean nothing if students do not sign up and make the company money. Unless all of a sudden you started to charge for tours and its making ATP money.

I agree. My point above was that it seems we have the same amount of people wanting to come to ATP (IE Amount of Tours and Interviews the same), but something else is holding them back. Seems natural that it is probably the lack of lending institutions.

Back