New Pilot Shortage Strategy

Hmm wonder if they'll outsource it or leave it on the candidates to make the check mark.

Article I read recently said the FAA is issuing waivers on the 40k weight requirement. You would've hoped someone had a brain and instead of a 40k weight requirement said something like "any aircraft requiring a type rating". I wonder what Cape Air is going to do, don't they require an ATP to operate their 402's? IIRC part of the new ATP language is training in operation of a turbine engine...hmmm...for a 402...

Who knows maybe this will eventually kill off the small 135 commuters like Cape Air.

Article I read recently said the FAA is issuing waivers on the 40k weight requirement. You would've hoped someone had a brain and instead of a 40k weight requirement said something like "any aircraft requiring a type rating". I wonder what Cape Air is going to do, don't they require an ATP to operate their 402's? IIRC part of the new ATP language is training in operation of a turbine engine...hmmm...for a 402...

Who knows maybe this will eventually kill off the small 135 commuters like Cape Air.
The 40klb requirement has to be the dumbest thing I've seen in a while.

As others have mentioned, if you were to remove seats, why not do every other row so you could at least market it to the public as "look at all the legroom!!!!"????
However, I do agree, if anyone considering flying on GL starts doing a tiny bit of googling, I think they may start asking some questions.

I am pretty sure they don't need to advertise anything on these EAS routes. No need to spend the money if you aren't operating a loss with an empty aircraft.

Back