New license....now what?

omapilot

Just got my license...still wet..lol. Now I need advice on how to proceed. Should I only apply to "open" positions or should I send out resumes to every company I would like to work for. I would like some advice from those who have recently job searched . I know some airlines will be interviewing later in the fall, should I send resume ahead of time so they have it on file or wait. I dont want my file to get "lost" in a sea of applications in the HR office. Any help or suggestions would be so appreciated...ty.

I have had my best luck over the years from applying for open positions. That being said, if you know of some company you really admire, it doesn't hurt to send them a resume so they have it on file.

omapilot....I met with you, was in the night class while you were attending school. Like you, just got my license...my advice is scan these forums and also jsfirm.com to look for jobs...Im willing to go anywhere so Ive applied to lots of places all over the US. It has paid off to apply everywhere, because I have in interview Monday with GoJet.

Hey Howlngwlf...congrats on passing. Also congrats on the interview. I hope it goes well for you. I will take your advice. If you get the chance let us know what the interview is like( what they ask..etc). I am excited to get started. Good luck monday!

Back