New Job

CK

My boss called me this morning and said he had dinner with a friend last night who owns a Citation II. The guy is an owner pilot and is looking for a new co-pilot and would like to use me. He only flies two or three times a month, and will work around my school schedule and work schedule at my full time job which works out great! He felt like flying today, so we decided to do my checkout and run down to Myrtle Beach for lunch. The aircraft is immaculate, he just invested nearly one million dollars into it. Everything is new and the panel is really cool. He does some Cananda and Bahamas flying, which I am looking foward to. It will be nice to get some international expereince with some one before I do it alone. He also goes out to Aspen every once in a
while which I am really looking foward to. Anyway, here are the photos.

Right side
228mhrx6.jpg

Full panel
228mhfullpanelt3.jpg

Haha, .58 sorry to everyone behind us!
copilotmighkeww5.jpg

Outside
mikehotelexteioroz7.jpg

I took this one last week
glalzyene4.jpg

I am going to FRG tomorrow for my other part time job in the 182. Hopefully they will send me over JFK which would mean good photos.

That's all,

Alex.

NOS charts in a Jet!!???!!!! I'd never have thought I'd see that! Anywho, what are you gonna be doin at my airport (KFRG), you flyin 182's for Talon?

Major Major Kudos man!:D

That's some exciting stuff. Can't wait to see some more pics and stories from you. Anything special about the Citation you'd like to share (flying-wise)?

I was down in Myrtle today. Nice beach. Where did you goto eat?

We went to California Dreamin in Surfside (the next town down from MYR). I never liked eating there much, but it wasn't my call. Where you staying? It is a great place this time of year.

NOS charts in a Jet!!???!!!! I'd never have thought I'd see that! Anywho, what are you gonna be doin at my airport (KFRG), you flyin 182's for Talon?

Haha, I hate Jepps. They are better to use, but I don't want to spend all that time updating them! This guy feels the same way. I fly for a local maintanance shop. One of their customers is from FRG and needs to pick up their airplane today.

Anything special about the Citation you'd like to share (flying-wise)?

I was really just surprised at how weak the performance is once you get into the flight levels. We only about half tanks of fuel and were just around 1000fpm at climb speed in the 20s and less once we made it into the 30s. But this guy also doesn't leave the power up, so I guess it could climb faster.

More importantly than this airplane crap, how did everything go last night?

Haha, I know screw the photos of airplanes, I should be posting photos of her! But it went really well.

Alex.

Back