New job option for out of work pilots: combine driver!

Oh, for eff's sake. Where are you, out in Cali or Arizona where the farmers grow subdivisions and drive Ferraris and make the public pay to irrigate their otherwise desiccated fields?

I mean, a good life is still the best revenge, but I really do pity the farm kids who got teased their entire childhoods for being hicks and country bumpkins, only to grow up and by dint of real estate inflation driven by city folk, now get called a "clique". THAT's rich.

If you want to talk about Cabals, know what the hell you are talking about. The Ag Cabal is comprised not of farmers but of ag processors and input producers like GF, ADM, Cargill, Bayer/née:Monsanto, DuPont, Nestlé, and Yara. Most farmers are virtual slaves to that corporate cabal. Oh, and by the way, while the giant kabuki dance of protectionism proceeds for the entertainment of the mob, the Chinese continue quietly to buy up vast tracks of American farmland... So, I guess they'll be wanting to be added into the cabal soon.

99% of us don't have the wealth to touch anything. And the 80% of that 90% who touch stuff anyway like, say, a brand new $100,000 vehicle, are doing their touching by the terms of lease they don't really understand.

This rant brought to you by the Lex Luthor School of Real Estate....

“People are no damn good”

Oh, for eff's sake. Where are you, out in Cali or Arizona where the farmers grow subdivisions and drive Ferraris and make the public pay to irrigate their otherwise desiccated fields?

I mean, a good life is still the best revenge, but I really do pity the farm kids who got teased their entire childhoods for being hicks and country bumpkins, only to grow up and by dint of real estate inflation driven by city folk, now get called a "clique". THAT's rich.

If you want to talk about Cabals, know what the hell you are talking about. The Ag Cabal is comprised not of farmers but of ag processors and input producers like GF, ADM, Cargill, Bayer/née:Monsanto, DuPont, Nestlé, and Yara. Most farmers are virtual slaves to that corporate cabal. Oh, and by the way, while the giant kabuki dance of protectionism proceeds for the entertainment of the mob, the Chinese continue quietly to buy up vast tracks of American farmland... So, I guess they'll be wanting to be added into the cabal soon.

99% of us don't have the wealth to touch anything. And the 80% of that 90% who touch stuff anyway like, say, a brand new $100,000 vehicle, are doing their touching by the terms of lease they don't really understand.

You have a knack for posts where half is very accurate and the other half is wildly inaccurate, I see.

It would be hard for you to be more wrong about where my viewpoint comes from. It might be hard for the internet to understand this, but some people form viewpoints over decades of life experience.

Now to the Cabal that you mentioned. That I agree with completely. Add to that many farmers who have made it while others fail and you have stratification. Virtually all of the successful farmers any more are corporations or corporate style farmers. And they don't get there because of their combine driving skills (that is what my post was referring to pre: this rant). Based on your rant, I'm guessing you missed my point. But this is the internet, so flame on, baby!

You have a knack for posts where half is very accurate and the other half is wildly inaccurate, I see.

It would be hard for you to be more wrong about where my viewpoint comes from. It might be hard for the internet to understand this, but some people form viewpoints over decades of life experience.

Now to the Cabal that you mentioned. That I agree with completely. Add to that many farmers who have made it while others fail and you have stratification. Virtually all of the successful farmers any more are corporations or corporate style farmers. And they don't get there because of their combine driving skills (that is what my post was referring to pre: this rant). Based on your rant, I'm guessing you missed my point. But this is the internet, so flame on, baby!

I'm not trying to flame you. Sorry if it seemed that way.

But if you were trying to make a point about combine skills, then stick to the knittin' and make a point about combine skills.

I don't know your life story. Given your perspective, I truly would be interested in hearing it, though. I do know my life story, and I know how farm kids were mercilessly teased by city kids not so very long ago. So... I just find it slightly more annoying than amusing that they are now ascribed some mafia like status. Lol. At the end of the day, I just don't think it's terribly accurate. At least no more accurate than the cliquishness that tends to build around any guild or group of highly and similarly focused professionals.

Ok, let me try to stick to my point about farming skills: big farms are extremely expensive and can also be very lucrative. Job security comes from a virtual monopoly. If I had mad combine skills, I could never decide I want to be a farmer. You have to be born into it. It's a modern day aristocracy. I am not going after farmers, whether they be owners or laborers. I don't begrudge either, although it's a bummer that the opportunity simply doesn't exist for someone who would desire to make a good career out of it.

As for some of the farmers that are well in the "have's" group, I don't mean to put them down with the cabal or clique terminology, as some of those very people are my friends and some of the best "rich" people you will ever know. I just repeat, it's a bummer that you have to be born into it. I would rather that not be the case, in farming or any other industry. Additionally, it is sad to see corporations gobbling up what used to be little guy territory. Making a living on a small farm would be a wonderful, dignified thing, but it's not possible anymore.

I would never make fun of farmers for being backwards or hicks or w/e. I think most of them are the best people. Not only do they tend to look out for they neighbors, they also tend to have broad skill-sets and have an impeccable work ethic.

Is that better for sticking to my point?

Y’all interested in being farmers should watch the documentary on Netflix called “Kiss The Ground”. About a couple of city folks who start a permaculture farm and become very successful with it.

Back