New Helicopter Student Pilot Needs Advice

The EC120 is a nice comfortable ship. The instrumentation makes it easy to fly. It has an FLI (first limit indicator) that makes monitoring it nice. The AC works great too. Sorry to say I wasn't able to make the winter flight due to some constraints that came up. Good luck in training. Remember what I used to teach all my students; slow is smooth, smooth is controlled, controlled is fast.
What school are you flying in in PA. I am going to Scranton in Jan after knee surgery to see my grandmother maybe we can grab a Yuengling.
Shane

The EC120 is a nice comfortable ship. The instrumentation makes it easy to fly. It has an FLI (first limit indicator) that makes monitoring it nice. The AC works great too. Sorry to say I wasn't able to make the winter flight due to some constraints that came up. Good luck in training. Remember what I used to teach all my students; slow is smooth, smooth is controlled, controlled is fast.
What school are you flying in in PA. I am going to Scranton in Jan after knee surgery to see my grandmother maybe we can grab a Yuengling.
Shane

I am going to Fox Choppers flight school located in Horsham, Pa (about 100sm) Depending on when you end up in Scranton I may either be in the area of up for a short x-country trip in the r22 (although we may have to make it a coffee in that case). As for the controls, they don't worry me as much as being able to get the grasp on the tons of info I have read in the last two weeks... Althoguh I will def keep what you said in mind. Flew today practicing steep approaches and running landings. All in all it went quite well.

It sure is a blast.

It is funny I was just looking at the Fox website yesterday. It was some kind of rabbit trail I ended up while on Trax headed downtown. If you have any questions or anything I can help with let me know.
Shane

Back