New ATC Game. Looks wacky.

is there a 20 month waiting list to play that game too?

Well the release date was pushed back several times over the course of a few months. I think when I made this thread it was slated for July. It's been pushed back at least twice since then.

Sounds to me like the FAA is attempting to peak interest in ATC through video games by partnering with Nintendo. I bet they paid for R&D for it too.

That second search results is interesting:

It is tempting to think that your attention might be aroused to a high point by “peaking” your curiosity; but in fact, “pique” is a French word meaning “prick,” in the sense of “stimulate.” The expression has nothing to do with “peek,” either. Therefore the expression is “my curiosity was piqued.”

I think I'll stay away from these words all together. I'd prefer that someone not "peek" while I "might be aroused to a high point". Also the two words used to describe pique "Prick" and "Stimulate", really?

aye aye aye, who writes this stuff?!

Well the release date was pushed back several times over the course of a few months. I think when I made this thread it was slated for July. It's been pushed back at least twice since then.

The irony is wonderful. I wonder if there'll be boss fights against FAA management?

The irony is wonderful. I wonder if there'll be boss fights against FAA management?

ROFLMAO! How funny would that be?!

You get a message.. "Congratulations, you've been voted in as a Union Steward... you will now be taken away from your position to compose greivances. Once 10 of your greivances are accepted and acted upon by management, you will move on to the next level. Good luck!"

You get a message.. "Congratulations, you've been voted in as a Union Steward... you will now be taken away from your position to compose greivances. Once 10 of your greivances are accepted and acted upon by management, you will move on to the next level. Good luck!"

You can unlock things like Billy Bob Thornton's feather or Keifer Sutherland's sweater vest!

...I can see this going on for a while, so I'm gonna just stop now...

atcrc1.png

Some screens from their website.

This game is pretty fun. The first two levels are easy for each airport, but the expert levels are tough! I haven't beaten any of them yet.

Well at least in Nintendo land the weather is always clear with unlimited visibility... must be nice...

Why is the release of this game tempting me to do buy a PSP!?

Well at least in Nintendo land the weather is always clear with unlimited visibility... must be nice...

Why is the release of this game tempting me to do buy a PSP!?

Actually the game is on Nintendo DS.

I don't think there's a version for Sony PSP, but I may be wrong.

In the game sometimes the visibility isn't as good (screen just looks greyish), sometimes it's night, sometimes the wind is variable, and sometimes it's raining or snowing.

How is this game? I've been debating spending the money to buy it.
I came across this review that made me laugh,
"Beneath the whimsical packaging -- punctuated by the overenthusiastic (possibly underage) air-traffic controller on the front cover -- lies a fearsome beast ready to sink its teeth into your challenge-seeking jugular."

Back