NetJets contract

I was talking to a Netjets Captain about this last week. In true Netjets Captain fashion, he was complaining about almost every aspect of it.

To his credit though, he also admitted it was a good step forward and that he was supporting it.

I'm gonna assume whatever happened is good news.

But, Jeepers! Here I just saw a slew of NJ reqs for FOs starting at $67k.

I'm gonna assume whatever happened is good news.

But, Jeepers! Here I just saw a slew of NJ reqs for FOs starting at $67k.
If you're poking around enough to nail down salaries you're looking for a job. Just do it!

If you're poking around enough to nail down salaries you're looking for a job. Just do it!
Dude, I'm in aviation; I'm ALWAYS looking for a job. My first boss educated me and my colleagues very well. With not a whiff of irony, he flat out told us -on numerous occasions- that we were ALL future former employees.

In this particular case it was just the opposite. I was looking to hire.

Dude, I'm in aviation; I'm ALWAYS looking for a job. My first boss educated me and my colleagues very well. With not a whiff of irony, he flat out told us -on numerous occasions- that we were ALL future former employees.

In this particular case it was just the opposite. I was looking to hire.
Who'd you hire?

Who'd you hire?
A good pilot.

You know- a person I could have assumed (I didn't) knew how to fly, knew his Regs, knew her theory, was capable of accomplishing a spot of real-time math in its noggin, and could swing (or at least abide) an ILS to a circle at 582 AGL in the rain to an untowered field. Those assumptions should be -but sadly are not- a given. What I was really looking for was a smart, affable person who had formerly successfully waited tables at a high-end restaurant.

No time in type. If you find the right person, the type training is the cheap part.

Last edited:
A good pilot.

You know- a person I could have assumed (I didn't) knew how to fly, knew his Regs, knew her theory, was capable of accomplishing a spot of real-time math in its noggin, and could swing (or at least abide) an ILS to a circle at 582 AGL in the rain to an untowered field. Those assumptions should be -but sadly are not- a given. What I was really looking for was a smart, affable person who had formerly successfully waited tables at a high-end restaurant.

No time in type. If you find the right person, the type training is the cheap part.
I think you're lying. Provide evidence. You never did any of that, for you it's lies typed out on a massage board that just float off into the ether and there is no accountability. Did your mom run out of meatloaf?

Do I make sure to run into the pilot lounge, turn on MSNBC, and either put the remote in a non intuitive location or assert dominance and put it next to me whenever I see Netjets coming in to disturb my airport appreciation time? Absolutely. It’s better entertainment and cheaper than a movie ticket.

Do I make sure to run into the pilot lounge, turn on MSNBC, and either put the remote in a non intuitive location or assert dominance and put it next to me whenever I see Netjets coming in to disturb my airport appreciation time? Absolutely. It’s better entertainment and cheaper than a movie ticket.
That's not dominance, it's being a jerk. How dominant do you feel when they ignore you, put in earbuds, pull out their phones and watch the cooking channel? Holding a TV hostage anywhere a corporate pilot might find themselves waiting in 2024 is like holding an avocado hostage at the grocery store. No one cares, in fact they probably feel sorry for you but would likely refrain from interacting with you.

That's not dominance, it's being a jerk. How dominant do you feel when they ignore you, put in earbuds, pull out their phones and watch the cooking channel? Holding a TV hostage anywhere a corporate pilot might find themselves waiting in 2024 is like holding an avocado hostage at the grocery store. No one cares, in fact they probably feel sorry for you but would likely refrain from interacting with you.
C'mon, meow... You of all people should love this kind of "owning" behavior. Your spherically insecure tribe invented it, so it must be great again.

I usually opt for cartoons or sports, but MSNBC could make it much more entertaining.

I usually opt for cartoons or sports, but MSNBC could make it much more entertaining.
I always loved seeing the looks on the faces of G-stream crews when they’d roll into the FBO in anchorage in the middle of the night to launch for Asia with their rich bastard clientele and I’d be staked out on the couch rocking a full beard and a flight suit (usually with a pur-n-kleen water company patch instead of the official medical program one) watching cartoons.

Exactly. If walking in and turning on FNC wasn’t a part of the postflight flow I wouldn’t be as much of a provocateur. But after enough times where I’ve been sitting there watching anything from the greatest sport on earth (if you don’t know it’s hockey, you don’t need to talk to me) to the Scientology network (excellent entertainment and for some reason nobody makes conversation with me) and at best hearing “mind if I change that?” (Literally only to FNC)…Yeah. I’m now a certified (redacted) with the pilot lounge remote.

2 paths:

block fox news
block everything but BET

Depends on how much time you have.

Back