Need some info

BaronPete

Jaw Harp Troubadour
Is there anyone here affiliated with ATP currently that can answer a few questions for me? PM if so. Thanks.

Maybe that isn't specific enough. Does ATP offer programs that aren't as cookie cutter as the zero to professional pilot ones shown on their website? I have private/instrument and 250+ hours and am looking for an accelerated option for commercial through MEI.

Maybe that isn't specific enough. Does ATP offer programs that aren't as cookie cutter as the zero to professional pilot ones shown on their website? I have private/instrument and 250+ hours and am looking for an accelerated option for commercial through MEI.
I think they used to but don't anymore. I've wondered the same.

@BaronPete I’m a CFI for ATP. The programs on the website are the programs they offer; there’s no generally no accommodation if you already have your instrument rating. I was exactly in your position when I started the program as I had already completed my private and instrument many years ago at a traditional part 61 school. I still chose to do ATP’s program (including the entire instrument curriculum) since I wasn’t current and it was the quickest path for me to a flying career. I obviously didn’t take the instrument checkride again and that portion of the program was essentially a time build for me. If I were in your position I would call the 800 number and ask someone in admissions if they’d let you use the flight time from the instrument portion of the program for straight time building or add it to your crew cross-country time. My guess is they’ll say no but still worth a shot. If you have other questions about the program, I’m happy to answer. It’s certainly not for everyone but it’s worked well for me.

Back