Need either room or roommate for Oct 22nd En Route

airkiwi

Hey-

I'll be starting En Route at OKC on Oct 22nd and should be out there until the first week of March. I've looked into the FAA housing but the idea of paying $35/day ($1050/month ?!) is insane to me. I'd like to find either a roommate who's looking to rent a house or someone who has a room available. I'm neat, clean, responsible, non-smoking. I also don't plan on spending every Friday or Saturday night in front of a textbook. College football is a major priority for me (i'm a Florida Gator) and i've been thinking about heading down to Norman to try and see Texas Tech vs. OU.
If you're interested, or you have a room, either send me a PM or e-mail me at joesachs311@gmail.com. I'll be out in OKC this Tuesday (Sep 30) looking around to see what it's like out there. Thanks-

Joe

BoomerSooner77

Hey-

I'll be starting En Route at OKC on Oct 22nd and should be out there until the first week of March. I've looked into the FAA housing but the idea of paying $35/day ($1050/month ?!) is insane to me. I'd like to find either a roommate who's looking to rent a house or someone who has a room available. I'm neat, clean, responsible, non-smoking. I also don't plan on spending every Friday or Saturday night in front of a textbook. College football is a major priority for me (i'm a Florida Gator) and i've been thinking about heading down to Norman to try and see Texas Tech vs. OU.
If you're interested, or you have a room, either send me a PM or e-mail me at joesachs311@gmail.com. I'll be out in OKC this Tuesday (Sep 30) looking around to see what it's like out there. Thanks-

Joe
FAA pays for the $35/day. Or are you saying you'd rather pocket that money? We are all trying to figure out if with the new rules if you can even pocket the difference or if they just pay your housing (up to $49) and that's the end of it.

airkiwi

It's common knowledge that the FAA covers full per diem, regardless of what you're actually spending on accomodations.

With that said, no, i'm not trying to 'pocket the difference'. A room in an apartment like Walnut Gardens, regardless of the amenities that are provided, should not cost over $1000/month.

esw2005

It's common knowledge that the FAA covers full per diem, regardless of what you're actually spending on accomodations.

With that said, no, i'm not trying to 'pocket the difference'. A room in an apartment like Walnut Gardens, regardless of the amenities that are provided, should not cost over $1000/month.

You might want to look at the new rules again.

airkiwi

Link?

I say that because multiple people who are currently in OKC have posted they are receiving the full per-diem.

esw2005

Link?

I say that because multiple people who are currently in OKC have posted they are receiving the full per-diem.

Right, well student services said to ignore the trainees who are currently at OKC because they are not affected by the new rules...only trainees starting Oct. 1, 2008 and beyond.

WTeezy

Hey-

Joe

why not just get your hands on a 2br apt with a roommate? Your cutting it kinda close it seems. My class starts on the 20th and i called 2 weeks ago and most places were already booked. Im staying at citadel suites, a friend of mine stayed there and said it was pretty nice. What are you worried about the $ for? You got that in your future, and if your like me will be gettin your hands on that 20k bonus in a few weeks!!!